• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - Lowell / Lloyds - 18-12-2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Claim - Lowell / Lloyds - 18-12-2017

Received a claim? Yes
    Issue Date: 18-12-2017
    Amount approx:
    Claimant: Lowell
    Solicitor: Lowell Solicitors
    Original Credit: Lloyds

Particulars of Claim:

Stat Barred? No

Have sent: Acknowledged the Claim

Other Info:
    Its almost been six years. i moved adress alot in this last 5 years and have not received anything from Lowell until this court action. I have logged into the courts online portal and disputed the full claim. im looking for some help to find out what to do next as im unsure whether there is any proof of this agreement?
    Tags: None

Re: Court Claim - Lowell / Lloyds - 18-12-2017

Originally posted by mondayman View Post
    Received a claim? Yes
    Issue Date: 18-12-2017
    Amount approx:
    Claimant: Lowell
    Solicitor: Lowell Solicitors
    Original Credit: Lloyds

Particulars of Claim:

Stat Barred? No

Have sent: Acknowledged the Claim

Other Info:
    Its almost been six years. i moved adress alot in this last 5 years and have not received anything from Lowell until this court action. I have logged into the courts online portal and disputed the full claim. im looking for some help to find out what to do next as im unsure whether there is any proof of this agreement?
    Seasons Greetings, welcome to LB,

When you say you have disputed the claim do you mean you have entered a defence at this point?

What type of account is this, credit card, loan, current account/overdraft?

Please give us some history of the account and post up suitably redacted copies of the forms you have received.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
      Seasons Greetings, welcome to LB,

When you say you have disputed the claim do you mean you have entered a defence at this point?

What type of account is this, credit card, loan, current account/overdraft?

Please give us some history of the account and post up suitably redacted copies of the forms you have received.

nem

Hi, so i received a letter from Northampton Court dated 18/12/1980, its a Claim Form. The debt in question was an unsecured personal loan. Ill try and upload the Doc in the next day but no facility at the minute.

I logged into Moneyclaim.gov.uk and acknowledged the claim, then clicked dispute who claim.

Im hoping to maybe send some kind of letter asking for proof of the debt? Unsure what to do.... the debt is dated 24/09/2012.

anyhelp is much appreciated.

Comment

Hi, so i received a letter from Northampton Court dated 18/12/1980, its a Claim Form. The debt in question was an unsecured personal loan. Ill try and upload the Doc in the next day but no facility at the minute.

I logged into Moneyclaim.gov.uk and acknowledged the claim, then clicked dispute who claim.

Im hoping to maybe send some kind of letter asking for proof of the debt? Unsure what to do.... the debt is dated 24/09/2012.

anyhelp is much appreciated.
        Ok,

You need to send Lowell (which Lowell company is this) A request for a copy of the loan agreement ( see "first steps" in the green box above) then next a request to the solicitors for a copy of the documents specifically in the particulars of claim- nothing else cane be requested (see first steps)

The 24/09/2012 date is that the date the account was defaulted/terminated or the date the account was opened?

nem

Comment

Ok,

You need to send Lowell (which Lowell company is this) A request for a copy of the loan agreement ( see "first steps" in the green box above) then next a request to the solicitors for a copy of the documents specifically in the particulars of claim- nothing else cane be requested (see first steps)

The 24/09/2012 date is that the date the account was defaulted/terminated or the date the account was opened?

nem
          It's lowells solicitors.

This was the default date.

So as I've disputed the full amount.... will the court contact me to give me additional time?

Do I send a letter to bother Lowell and Lowell solicitors?

Confused.com!

Comment

Hi
            The s77 request goes to Lowell, the cpr31. 14 request goes to Lowell solicitors. How much, roughly is the claim for?

Comment

£5800

Comment

Hi

Sorry another question, when was the loan taken out?,
                Remember in your cpr 31.14 "request you can only ask for documents mentioned in the particulars of claim.

As you have acknowledged the claim you have 33 days from the date on the claim form to submit your defence.
                It's Xmas so people may be busy

@ Diana m may well have some great advice

Comment

I don't know when the loan was taken out... I have checked my bank and never made a payment to Lloyds. So I assume it woukd be much before the default date?

How do I do a CPR form?

Is there templates I can use?

Thanks for taking the time to respond people. Appreciate the help.

Comment

http://legalbeagles.info/library/gui...-of-documents/

There is a link to the cpr letter . If it doesn’t work you will find it in the green box at the top of this page

It may help if you could type out the particulars of claim as they appear however do not include account numbers or details that could identify you - also do not include the exact amount , we know near enough how much it is

Comment

Just one last question, dont give a yes it is, but while you say you are not sure about the debt I am assuming you think or know it is probably yours

Comment

It's lowells solicitors.

This was the default date.

So as I've disputed the full amount.... will the court contact me to give me additional time?

Do I send a letter to bother Lowell and Lowell solicitors?

Confused.com!
                        Lowell solicitors are " representing " a another company in the Lowell group e.g. Lowell Portfolio 1Ltd.
                        see my advice in post #4.

nem

Comment

Lowell solicitors are " representing " a another company in the Lowell group e.g. Lowell Portfolio 1Ltd.
                          see my advice in post #4.

nem
                          Thank you.

So if I send letters to Lowell and Lowell solicitors. How will the court know? Will the court continue to grant a ccj?

I assume I should send these recorded and signed For?

What will the next steps be to do after sending letter?

Merry Xmas

Comment

Hi

The court won’t know unless you tell them which is part of the purpose of your defence should you decide to enter one.
                            If I were you I would try to enjoy Christmas in whatever manner you choose and when the holidays are over will be time enough to work on the defence.

If not already sent, you do need to get the CCA request and the CPR31.14 request sent by Royal Mail signed for on 27th

Hopefully they will not be able to produce an agreement or a default notice or a final demand or indeed the details of the assignment.

Have a great Christmas and try not to worry

Comment

Assuming the claim was dated 18th Dec and you have acknowledged it online ( hopefully by just ticking I intend to defend all) then you have until 20th Jan to submit a defence. If you put anything at all in the defence box you will need to try and amend it but that can be sorted after xmas

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X