• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot taking me to court over unpaid halifax overdraft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cabot taking me to court over unpaid halifax overdraft

Well I haven’t heard anything back from Cabot financial (uk) or the solicitors, after sending requests for the evidence the solicitors have and also the copies of credit agreements from the unlicensed Cabot (uk) I would have at least expected an acknowledgement of my request, or is this classic tactics then present me with the evidence at the very last minute?

Comment

How many days ago did you send the requests?
      When did the receive them?

Don't expect rapid turn around especially at this time of year.

Comment

Thanks Warwick, I must have tempted fate, I have had a letter from the solicitors saying original signed documents are not available and that certain criteria don’t apply as it was a current account, so they don’t have anything, they also say my file has been put on hold (that old chestnut), should I sit on this now and see if anything else appears? Then submit that they can’t produce documents clarifying figures etc and even that Cabot Financial (uk) ltd are unlicensed?

Comment

O/D are not my thing

Maybe [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION] or [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION] could help.

Remember it is Xmas so people may not be around as much.

I am Sat eating gingerbread in Krakow with my OH so shouldn't even be on here

Comment

Much appreciated, have a merry Christmas and enjoy Krakow, certainly one of the most interesting cities I’ve visited

Comment

I just wondered if they can’t produce any documents with my signature on, surely that has to be in my favour? I’ve read the hicks bs walker Reynolds case too, would it be worth including this case as part of my defence?

Comment

Just to update if anybody is interested, had a good chat and got loads from it, submitted my defence saying that I hadn’t been told or presented with any evidence regarding the claim, also mentioned the licensing issue too. I today received a letter from the solicitors basically saying Cabot financial (uk) ltd fell under the Cabot Europe umbrella so therefore could pursue a claim, they’ve sent a copy of a letter from Halifax showing where Cabot Europe would be handling the debt, I have put a SAR request in and just waiting on a call to sort some legal representation, my file is on hold apparently too with the claimant’s solicitors

Comment

I’ve responded to your PM

Di

Comment

Originally posted by hollibear View Post

Just to update if anybody is interested, had a good chat and got loads from it, submitted my defence saying that I hadn’t been told or presented with any evidence regarding the claim, also mentioned the licensing issue too. I today received a letter from the solicitors basically saying Cabot financial (uk) ltd fell under the Cabot Europe umbrella so therefore could pursue a claim, they’ve sent a copy of a letter from Halifax showing where Cabot Europe would be handling the debt, I have put a SAR request in and just waiting on a call to sort some legal representation, my file is on hold apparently too with the claimant’s solicitors
                    Hi just out of interest> am in a similar position and would like to know the outcome. Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X