• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court claim from Cabot Financial please help with how to proceed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Everyone,

I hope I can please get some help again. I don't know if I should do a new thread to make things clearer. At the moment the Capital one credit card claim is still with the court. I have submitted the defence but then not heard much from Cabot in writing. Now my husband has received some paperwork for one of his claims and I don't know what to do next. The letter he has received has enclosed a reconstituted copy of the original credit agreement. Cabot are saying they now think the agreement is enforcable and that they are now entitled to make a CCJ against him. Would anyone have any advice on what to do next please? Thank you.

Comment

Hello,

I am hoping that someone can please help me with this claim against me. It looks like Cabot might have all the paperwork now to get a CCJ against me but I'm not sure. They have written to me recently saying they will give me a discount if I pay monthly installments. They say this would be a Tomlin order. I could do with some advice or whether the court would be fairer to me and ask me to pay back less or to deal with Cabot. I can't afford to pay much per month so if someone could please help that would be good. Thank you

Comment

Amethyst

Comment

by the way Cabot always say agreement enforceable, to say otherwise is detriment to their money pockets - they hope you give in and pay them,, there are so many things an agreement must have and also other areas they have to 100% correct, sit tight for a moment

Comment

Hi Mike,

Thank you so much for your reply. Yes they will be saying it's enforceable but I don't really know if it is or not. I'll wait and see what you advise. It's good to get some advice.

Comment

jaguar1954

Comment

Hi Mike,

Thank you for asking other people to help hopefully someone will. Cabot had asked me to write back with payment proposals but I have not been sure what to do.

Comment

Jags no doubt be back on here Monday OK

Comment

Hi Mike,

Thank you for replying again. That's great Jags will be back on Monday with some advice. I was wondering if I ask something else if Cabot will be able to identify me from the post because I put one of the amounts in at the start of the post. Maybe I'm being a bit paranoid it's just stressing me a bit. Thank you.

Comment

just do not refer to Numbers etc, they probably are too busy chasing thousands everyday???

Comment

Hi Mike,

Yes you are right I thought I was being a bit silly there. I think I only put amounts of the money I owed not any account numbers. I'm sure yes there a lot of other people they are chasing as well. One thing that has me worried though is my UK bank account has been closed by the bank now. I'm not sure if Cabot could have written to them and got it closed. The bank would not tell me. Maybe there is a different part of the forum for help with that. Anyway I'll wait until Monday for hopefully help with the CCJ. Thanks so much for replying.

Comment

Banks make their own mind up?? cabot has no say!

Comment

Would you be able to post or send a pic of the agreement and letter they sent you pls.

Also is this about two separate claims ? One against you and one against your husband from different original creditors - just both happen to be with Cabot ?

admin@legalbeagles.info
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi Mike,

Yes ok well the bank seem to have decided I am some kind of fraud risk and they have closed my account without much explanation. They said someone wrote to them so I thought it might have been Cabot but maybe not.

Hi Amethyst,

Thank you for replying I hope you can help. I think I have another thread about my husband he has another 2 claims that I was trying to defend but I had given up a bit on replying to Cabot about anything because I have other things going on too. So I still have 2 claims from Cabot that are with the court since last January. There are 4 altogether. I will try and send copies now to the email address. Do I need to blank out my name. Cabot are going to have to apply to lift the stays on these now I think which will probably add more costs. I will do the email soon. Thank you very much.

Comment

wonder if you have a CIFA on one of your credit files?? check them to see (usually reported as suspect fraud investigation etc??? just a thought

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X