• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowells court claim re: mobile phone contract.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowells court claim re: mobile phone contract.

I know its Xmas eve, so i hope someone is about and can advise quickly as we need to get the defence in by tommorrow of all days. Can we move to get this thrown out due to them not providing the info we asked for? tagging @nemesis45 @Amethyst @Diana M

Comment

As you have had nothing I would just go with the standard defence. Http://legalbeagles.info/library/gui...-court-claims/ - you’re okay to put it in on 27th as tmw and Tuesday are bank holidays but might as well get it out your hair now - leave the cca bits in if you sent a request
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Well that went well. Christmas day spent pratting about trying to log into MCOL but to no avail. I had to change my password but it wouldnt accept the new one it sent me even though i tried several times to change it. The result is we havent submitted a defense- not through laziness but through holding out for info from the debt collecting vultures and then it being Christmas Day and the tech failing oin us. I tried resetting our password on two different machines as well- both didnt manage to access the site with the new password.

Comment

Oh bummer, MCOL is a real arsewipe at times, I would get it submitted via email asap. Defences go to ccbcaq@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk and you should put DEFENCE: Claimant v Defence Claim No XXXXX - as the subject.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Hi All,

We have recieved a few letters from Lowells and we were wondering what our next step was/ what to do? I have attched them as a PDF http://legalbeagles.info/forums/file...tch?id=1390933
            We have recieved absolutely NO original aperwork regarding the contract although we did ask for this by registered mail with a postal order.
            They seem to be now saying we have to fill out some questionaires? Can anyone advise me our next steps please? I would like to keep them waiting as long as possible for any monies to be payed as we are not very well off at the moment.
            Last edited by Amethyst; 14th February 2018, 14:09:PM.

Comment

Is it a N180 Directions Questionnaire from the court - asking which court the case should be heard in and whether you agree to mediation ?

Okay ignore that question, just seen your documents PDF ..... yes it is two mins ...........
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Okay I'll take that down and edit your details out for you.

Is Horsham your local county court ? ( just odd before the DQ's have been submitted and the case allocated for the change of solicitor notification to have gone to a local court )
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Documents redacted attached ...
                  Attached Files
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                    Okay I'll take that down and edit your details out for you.

Is Horsham your local county court ? ( just odd before the DQ's have been submitted and the case allocated for the change of solicitor notification to have gone to a local court )
                    No it isnt. Ours would be Northampton i think. We live in South Birmingham.

Comment

So, whats our next step here? we are a bit annoyed that they have simply just bulldozed over our request for the a copy of documents pertaining to this and gone straight to 'Wheres our money and what can you pay back?'......

Comment

You should receive a copy of the Directions Questionnaire direct from the court, which you would then complete and return to court, and send a copy on to the Claimant's solicitors. Lowell quite often just send theirs out early, but if you haven't received a letter from court in next few days it may be worth giving them a call and asking about the DQ. I might also ask if they have received the notification of change of solicitor as you note the claimant has put the incorrect court name on the form.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                        X