• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

* discontinued * Small claim court papers receive for a limited company

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi

The case was transfered to my local court 5 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything at all.
    how long does it take to hear something back?

thank you in advance

Comment

• Why not phone up the court and ask

Comment

• Thank you all for your advice over the last few months.

I now have a date which will go ahead provided he pays the fee on time.

I have to submit my evidence to the claimant and court which I have already gathered and consist of cis vouchers and bank statements.

the directions say the matter should still try to be resolved. We opted for mediation and he didn't, we also had no warning of the action started such as an invoice, final demand or notice before action, he just sent a few random border line threatening text messages to me . Do I write a statement including all of this to submit to the court as well as the evidence and also write a letter to the claimant explaining the situation again?

thank you in advance

Comment

• Originally posted by benken28 View Post
          Thank you all for your advice over the last few months.

I now have a date which will go ahead provided he pays the fee on time.

I have to submit my evidence to the claimant and court which I have already gathered and consist of cis vouchers and bank statements.

the directions say the matter should still try to be resolved. We opted for mediation and he didn't, we also had no warning of the action started such as an invoice, final demand or notice before action, he just sent a few random border line threatening text messages to me . Do I write a statement including all of this to submit to the court as well as the evidence and also write a letter to the claimant explaining the situation again?

thank you in advance

If you have done your witness statement & exchanged documents within the deadlines set by the court then I do not think there is much more you can do.

Try to limit the explanation about him not supplying documents etc Be straight but short.. After all, the police told him not to harass/bother you anymore else he would be arrested/investigated.

If the court & him have been supplied with the CIS & Bank Statements I can not see a way out for him unless he has evidence from you or your business partner that he hasn't disclosed. Best of luck.

Comment

• Thank you for your reply.

When he got heavy I called the police but they didn't contact him as I didn't follow it up as I thought that would be enough. Would I get to see his evidence before the case as he gets to see mine?

thanks again

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

When he got heavy I called the police but they didn't contact him as I didn't follow it up as I thought that would be enough. Would I get to see his evidence before the case as he gets to see mine?

thanks again
              Benken. The court will tell you what to do. You are supposed to swap statements & evidence prior to the court date. Have you not had directions yet about disclosing evidence & witness statements? It comes when they allocate a court & hearing time etc?

Comment

• Hi all,

I now have the hearing date set for 3 weeks time.
                the deadline to swap documents was 2 weeks ago and all I had from the claimant was the invoices and a couple of screenshots of text messages.
                There wasn't a witness statement included which should have been as per the directions.
                I have carried out some research online and found a thread that says in this situation I should send the claimant a letter and also a copy to the court saying that i expect the statement to be served in X number of days and I expect him to apply to the court to extend the service period and whilst costs are generally not payable anyone acting unreasonably may be subject to an order for costs.
                would this be advisable in your opinions?

thank you in advance

Comment

• CASE DISCONTINUED

I thought I would update everyone that has been involved in this thread.
                  The hearing should have been today. I called the court call centre last week and the hearing fee should have been paid at the end of March, they informed me it wasnt and they have recieved a letter mid April from the claimant stating he wants to discontinue the case and the case is now discontinued.

Thank you to everyone who has advised me over the last five months it has been stressful and an unfortuante situation for all involved.

Thanks again and all the best

Comment

• I think you can now put your costs in.

Comment

• Hi Ostell, I think I will leave it. It has been going on for a long time and I just want to move on with my life now! Thanks for your advice though

Comment

• Well done Benken. Its hard work mentally isnt it especially as its so personal? lol But, it is over now.

Comment

• Well done

Personally I would have counterclaimed for the £1,200 paid as Monies Had and Received while labouring under a mistake of fact.

I do get wanting to just move on though.
                          COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

CASE DISCONTINUED

I thought I would update everyone that has been involved in this thread.
                            The hearing should have been today. I called the court call centre last week and the hearing fee should have been paid at the end of March, they informed me it wasnt and they have recieved a letter mid April from the claimant stating he wants to discontinue the case and the case is now discontinued.

Thank you to everyone who has advised me over the last five months it has been stressful and an unfortuante situation for all involved.

Thanks again and all the best
                            That is good news ! Well done.

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

• JAGUARSUK just out of interest what is that exactly?

thanks

Comment

• case discontinued that they were bringing, (not going ahead) well done!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X