• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Royal William Yard - SIP Car Parking Fine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Royal William Yard - SIP Car Parking Fine

Received a letter from DVLA, they requested this information on the 15th November 2017

Comment

I agree with @ostell.
      The NtK does seem compliant with PoFA.
      Do you still have the windscreen PCN?
      Last edited by charitynjw; 11th December 2017, 13:02:PM.
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Does the paragraph " this charge relates to the period of parking that immediately preceded the issue of that Notice" not count ? does it need to be a from - to time ? I'd guess it is arguable, but do you know other similar notices that have failed/succeeded using those grounds? ( interested not narky lol )
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
          Does the paragraph " this charge relates to the period of parking that immediately preceded the issue of that Notice" not count ? does it need to be a from - to time ? I'd guess it is arguable, but do you know other similar notices that have failed/succeeded using those grounds? ( interested not narky lol )
          Haha....you were too quick, lol.
          On reflection, I guess they could get away with that wishy-washy paragraph & so claim compliance.
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

tsk ! you edited... I really should quote things... be interesting to see if it's been tested though - there's not really nything saying what "period of parking to which the notice relates" should be defined as in these notices.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
              tsk ! you edited... I really should quote things... be interesting to see if it's been tested though - there's not really nything saying what "period of parking to which the notice relates" should be defined as in these notices.
              Edited? Moi?

I don't really like it, but I guess that all that is required for PoFA is a statement which covers
              specify the vehicle, the relevant land on which it was parked and the period of parking to which the notice relates;
              It doesn't say that specific times must be given.

The other thing worth mentioning is that SIP are pretty litigious....over 450 court hearings so far this year
              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Where does this information come from?

Does it make any difference that they changed the way they charge, previously we parked there and you paid on the way out, they now charge in advance.

We were not aware of this, they said they advertised in the local paper but we are not locals.

We thought we should pay as before, so we got caught out.

Comment

Another question, I was not the driver, if the drivers details are now provided, what generally happens and what is the fine they impose?

Comment

Originally posted by Milkman007 View Post
                    Where does this information come from?
                    http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...dule/4/enacted
                    Para 8(2)(a)

Does it make any difference that they changed the way they charge, previously we parked there and you paid on the way out, they now charge in advance.

We were not aware of this, they said they advertised in the local paper but we are not locals.
                    They state that the change was effective from Dec 2016. The PCN was issued Oct 2017.
                    While they would be expected to notify a change for a few weeks, 10+ months would be pushing it.

We thought we should pay as before, so we got caught out.
                    Originally posted by Milkman007 View Post
                    Another question, I was not the driver, if the drivers details are now provided, what generally happens and what is the fine they impose?
                    If they have been given driver details within the period stated on the PCN, they should pursue the driver.
                    & it's not a fine....it's a civil dispute...contractual breach.
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X