• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ claim form from MMF/moriarty law for Mr lender

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ claim form from MMF/moriarty law for Mr lender

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help me with this! I've looked through a load of similar posts but they're quite specific to the person.

I've recieved a CCJ claim form from the county courts for a Mr lender loan from MMF and moriarty law for £451.50 which i took out in 2014. The original amount was for around £200 which I couldn't afford to pay and had to keep rolling back at such a high amount I couldn't keep up.

The claim form addressed me as Ms instead of Mr which made me think it was a fake by MMF but I'll assume it's real. The claimant is MMF and all payments must go to Moriarty law. The rest of the forms are the response pack etc.

They have sent me letters asking for the money previously which I would have been much more likely to pay if it didn't have ridiculous charges on top. But I only work part time at the moment as was diagnosed with moderate to severe depression and anxiety which hasn't helped me with getting this stuff sorted. I would look on forums like these with regards to MMF and most would say just ignore them! Well that hasn't worked.

I'm just not sure what to do or to expect but obviously wouldn't want a CCJ!

thank you

Tags: None

Anyone have any ideas or threads to follow?

Thanks

Comment

Is it best to just contact them as they sent me a letter saying to speak to them instead of the court and settle it?

Comment

Hi Mr J, sorry we've missed your post, I'm just having a read xxx
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Okay It may end up with you preferring to settle but you should at least ensure the amount they are claiming is correct and that they have the right to claim it from you. There's quite a lot of MMF/Moriarty claims about at the moment - which is odd particularly as they've changed their name to Lantern Debt Recovery recently.

So I would follow the first steps initially and send a SAR to Mr Lender.

First Steps ( overview )

Check dates ( to find defence deadline which is 33 days from date of issue )
          Acknowledge Claim ( just say intend to defend in full - to be done within 14 days of the claim - if you do it online at Moneyclaim online using the password on the form you'll know if it is real info on the link xxx )
          CCA Request ( to send to MMF )
          CPR 31.14 Request ( to send to Moriarty Law - if you type the particulars of claim from the claim form that will help with which documents you want to be asking for - likely agreement, default / termination and assignment notices)
          Subject Access Request Letter ( to send to Mr Lender )

And once you have all of those sorted have a look at Debt Camels guide to making an affordability complaint ( entirely separate to the court claim but might assist with settlement if you need to do that later ) here - > https://debtcamel.co.uk/payday-loan-refunds/
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi,

Thanks so much for responding!

I've been on the phone for 2 hours waiting for the debthelpline while I had to webchat instead and 25 minutes speaking to step change.

step change was better but they both said I had to pay the full amount within 14 days or get a ccj. I said after it's applied I still have 30 days to pay it to get it removed and they got confused. Not greatly helpful. Raising funds in 10 days vs 40 is a big difference

I'll get all those forms sent off asap.

Basically would like to avoid the CCJ but that means rushing to sell all my stuff to raise the money.

So is my best option still just raising the money and paying it off before it gets applied?

Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X