• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi, I'm new here, I have a querie re a CCJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, I'm new here, I have a querie re a CCJ

Hi, I have recently received a letter from Lowell re a CCJ from 2013. The judgement was to pay £50 per month. They are advising that their client is considering its options to enforce the CCJ. I have made no contact with Lowell. They are asking me to arrange a payment plan over the phone or online.
    Can anyone possibly advise me on what I should do.
    The debt was for under £500. We are currently going through the process of selling our house.
    Many thanks in advance, any advise would be greatly appreciated
    Tags: None

Did you know about the CCJ before you received the letter from Lowell ?
    Have you checked on your credit file to see if a CCJ is listed against you ?
    Do you know what the original debt was?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Office46 View Post
      I have recently received a letter from Lowell re a CCJ from 2013. The judgement was to pay £50 per month. They are advising that their client is considering its options to enforce the CCJ. I have made no contact with Lowell. . . .

The debt was for under £500. We are currently going through the process of selling our house.

Is your main concern that a CCJ on your CRA file may blight your chances or getting a new mortgage if you plan to buy another property when your house is sold?

A CCJ from 2013 will fall off your CRA file next year.

If this is the first time you've been notified about the CCJ and does this mean the claim was served on an address where you weren't living in 2013? If that's the case then you may be looking at an Application to set aside the CCJ or Lowells consenting to a set aside.

If that is the case then although the CCJ may be set aside the claim will still need to be defended. If you lost in court then you would get a new CCJ which would stay on your CRA file until 2024.

Or is this CCJ the result of a claim which you contested (you attended court) and lost? If you were in court when the CCJ was granted then it may not be on your CRA file unless or until further action is taken such as an Application to Vary or an Attachment of Earnings or enforcement action (bailiffs).

Maybe you can provide some background before making any suggestions on what may be the way forward.

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X