• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

N149A - but I still haven't received anything re: CPR request

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N149A - but I still haven't received anything re: CPR request

Apologies if I should have found my original post and added to it...

In summary: court claim, defended as nothing received after CPR request, notice that claimant had 28 days to respond.

I have now received the N149A, and I have no idea what I'm supposed to do? I have not received ANYTHING from the claimant since the CPR request, how can I defend myself?

Thanks for any advice.
    Tags: None

This is basically the process moving forward, you have submitted a defence and now need to complete the form N180 Directions Questionnaire that should have been served with it this N149A.

It is a good idea to agree to Mediation as you want to appear to the court that you are reasonable, but unless they find the documents mediation won't proceed as when asked by the mediator you won't have all the information you need to understand their claim and negotiate.

In the N180 complete all the relevant information to you, at D1 put the address of your local court and the reason as "Defendants Home Court pursuant to CPR 26.2A(3)." My hand writing is horrendous and I tend to type mine here: https://formfinder.hmctsformfinder.j...k/n180-eng.pdf

Simply make sure once completed that you send it back to the court before the date they have given you and also send a copy to the claimant (their solicitor if represented).
    COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Is it relating to this thread?

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/foru...e-amount/page3
      COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Thank you for that, and yes - same issue!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X