• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Please help - Lowell - Vodafone saga

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help - Lowell - Vodafone saga

Hi All

I posted last year - added link below.

Essentially, Vodafone sold my debt to Lowell - somehow turned into a fantastic amount - almost £1000 with legal costs.

My fault for not acting sooner but, at the time, had little income - constant threats of bailiffs and 2 debts went on to CCJ's - one for £140.

Trying to get information from Vodafone about any contract appears difficult. I have had 3 different answers and just waiting on @, Lee Vodafone Company Rep to come back to me - he seems more on the case.

Their advice - go into any store and they will provide documentation as they don't have this information??

Lowell have taken this to CCJ - I replied online to the court that I was not liable for this amount.

Lowell sent papers to neighbours address and Vodafone it, appears, served a default notice to the wrong address - they admitted this.

Lowell have given me until tomorrow to contact them to stop the CCJ and work out a payment plan but I don't feel I want to pay for something I don't owe, terrible service from VF at the time.

Considering a DRO as a possible solution as I have nothing to lose and stress making me ill.

Any advice on what it's like to go to court and what I should expect? Sorry for rambling post!

Thanks in advance.

Tags: None

Update - been back to Lowell and they have offered a 5 day extension.

Comment

There is a court claim in progress at the moment, and you have entered a defence ? What are the timescales - when was the claim, when did you file your defence, and have you had Directions Questionnaires as yet?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I acknowledged the claim online and and indicated I was going to defend it. I think this went in a day late - not entered a defence and not sure about "Directions Questionnaires". Lowell said they would put a hold on this becoming a CCJ another 4 days
        Just waiting for Lee to, hopefully, come back to me with documentation.
        Thanks for your fast reply Amethyst.

Comment

Okay, I would get a defence filed asap so Lowell can't request a default judgment against you. You can just adapt the basic Example Defence

as you haven't received any documents off the claimants.

At very least check on MoneyClaim Online ( if you acknowledged that way ) that default judgment hasn't already been awarded xxx

Tagging Lee Vodafone Company Rep to see if he's had any luck looking at your account.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Thanks very much.

Comment

Checked and it shows AOC and "continue defence" - thanks.

Comment

Hi MBA,

I've just replied to you here.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
                I am an official company representative of Vodafone UK.

LegalBeagles has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help resolve issues.

This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by LegalBEAGLES.

Comment

Originally posted by MBA View Post
                  Checked and it shows AOC and "continue defence" - thanks.
                  Phew, ok see what Lee has said and then we best get a defence filed so you don't get a default judgment in a couple days due to your not having filed a defence , as sounds like that is what they are threatening to do.
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thanks Amethyst. I've made contact with Lee but just waiting for the information. Lowell gave me another 5 days as on the 8th March so not much time!

Comment

Think I'm just going to have to submit a defence without info from Lee - who has made contact - sure they have my details wrong and I did not receive a default notice from Vodafone.
                      Not sure if any agreement with VF is covered under the consumer credit act - I may be wrong on this.
                      The wording on the claim form says "The Agreement was later assigned to the Claimant on 31/03/2014 and notice given to the Defendant."
                      As both VF and, presumably Lowell. have the wrong address this could not have happened.
                      Any last minute thoughts or advice would be great - thanks for all your help.

Comment

Submitted a defence.
                        Thanks to Lee of Vodafone for providing details of events according to VF - even if I don't agree with all of them. Some of the discrepancies, not least my postal address, means that I'm a more confident in defending this claim.
                        Some of these events stretch back to September 2012 so difficult to remember exactly what happened although I do recall that I was was without Internet from Vodafone for over 4 months - admin glitch - and I'm sure I cancelled account as service was so poor with calls dropping out frequently - hope I have email/letters going back that far!
                        Lee kindly sent a link to a request for information under the data protection act which I will act on.
                        Almost £1000 for an abysmal/non existent service from a Vodafone is worth fighting even though I could well do without this at this time.
                        Thanks Amethyst for your time and interest in this case and wish me luck!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                        X