• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Fake or Genuine high Court document

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fake or Genuine high Court document

Can anyone tell me if this is a legal document?.I think it is fake because there is no high court address on it.
    Tags: None

It appears correct. It seems Cabot have bought a large bundle of mid-litigation cases from HSBC, and this is substituting Cabot as claimant in the cases listed in the schedule. The Judge is correct and the document looks similar to others I've seen in the past. Presumably you had a covering letter with the document ?

The simplest way to check everything is in order is to call the court - you'll also need to know whether the solicitors acting have changed and the status of the claim... if you have had nothing until this notice you will want to ask them for copies of the claim etc.

Looking back through your threads I can't see you have a claim against you by HSBC at the moment, so can't really offer much else .... what's the status of your case in court at the moment ?

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      It appears correct. It seems Cabot have bought a large bundle of mid-litigation cases from HSBC, and this is substituting Cabot as claimant in the cases listed in the schedule. The Judge is correct and the document looks similar to others I've seen in the past. Presumably you had a covering letter with the document ?

The simplest way to check everything is in order is to call the court - you'll also need to know whether the solicitors acting have changed and the status of the claim... if you have had nothing until this notice you will want to ask them for copies of the claim etc.

Looking back through your threads I can't see you have a claim against you by HSBC at the moment, so can't really offer much else .... what's the status of your case in court at the moment ?

It's a work colleague who defaulted (on an overdraft),just over 6 years ago with HSBC.Apparently,he never paid a penny.They took him to court but he never turned up and I assume HSBC won by default.

On 1st feb.2018, was exactly 6 years,so I was thinking it was statute barred.He never had any letters from HSBC saying they had sold the debt or were passing the debt to Cabot.

I checked on the FCA website/register,and Cabot do not have a CCA licence.It lapsed in february 2015, so can they still pursue the debt, or are they in breach of the Consumer Credit Act 1974?., and would demanding money when they don't have a CCA licence render them to the criminal act of Proceeds of Crime?.

The work colleague said he is writing to Cabot asking them for a copy of the original agreement(although he never signed any agreement with HSBC for the increased overdraft).As there is no signed agreement with HSBC, what have Cabot got as proof of the debt existing?.

The letter he got from Cabot demanding the money is dated 14th february 2018, which is 2 weeks past the 6 years statute barred.

Comment

CCJs do mot become Statute barred but they could have problems pursuing the debt so long after judgement

Comment

I would get your friend to check his credit file and/or trust online register to see if there is a CCJ registered. The letter he got chasing money, did that refer to a judgment debt ?
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I believe it was a county court judgement.He never paid it, so cabot are chasing it through the high court.

Comment

You need to find out details of the original CCJ - when, how much etc. Looking at the doc you uploaded I would hazard a guess this was first applied for in 2017.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X