• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Caught changing price tags

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Caught changing price tags

Sir i shouldnt really worry about anything should i? Because i didnt even take the items to the till. Should i just leave things how it is unless i get approached by an officer, and like i could avoid letters if they are sent home demanding payments right?

Comment

Originally posted by Sam1900 View Post
      i shouldnt really worry about anything should i? Because i didnt even take the items to the till. Should i just leave things how it is unless i get approached by an officer, and like i could avoid letters if they are sent home demanding payments right?
      If you hear any more about this incident post about it on here and we'll guide you on what to do next If anyone turns up at your door I would advise you not to say or sign anything without an adult present. Do you live at home and does anyone else know about this incident apart from your mates who were with with you at the time?

Comment

Hi this incident took place wen i was alone, no one else came with me, my initial idea was to get the recorded prank from their cctv camera but they accused me well before. I will update you if anything else happens. So for now shall i leave how thigs are and not worry about it? And my parents know of this.

Comment

I think you're safe to leave things alone but be prepared to react to anything that comes your way. Were your parents very cross with you when they found out?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
            It's possible that RLP or some other outfit may send a few threatening letters in which they demand payment of a hundred quid or more to them "for their client's losses". They may also suggest that your details will be added to a national offender database "for employment screening".

Those threats are mainly air. Ever since the Oxford case, RLP should know that they will lose in court if the case is properly defended - and defence of such cases is really quite remarkably easy. Their threat of adding one's details to an "employment screening" database rather suggests that they might be maintaining a database set up or kept for an improper purpose; if that's what they are doing, RLP would be wise to consider the ignominious fate of The Economic League (link) or The Consulting Association (link).
            Not to mention the £500,000 fine the ICO can inflict upon them.
            Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Yes very! I was very ashamed too. As long as its safe it shudnt be a problem, iv truly learnt my lesson with this one.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X