• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Retail Loss Prevention... Again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Retail Loss Prevention... Again

Link to the Equality Act October 2010

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Disabled...hts/DG_4001068

Comment

Originally posted by jared2007 View Post
      Hi,

I have asked today for the CCTV and they have refused, am pretty sure they will not want me to see it as the CCTV will show I made an attempt to pay by scanning in the items.

I have spoke to customer services & explained my being autistic & they have advised me to get a lawyer.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks
      They cannot refuse its a legal requirement that they retain it. Its evidence & to destroy it IS a criminal offence no matter what they say. Did you remind them of this. Also put your request in writing

Comment

That's why I'd SAR them - they cannot slope away & disappear, & it's got to be worth a tenner to say to T......er, that large retail company........bog off!! lol
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Do RLP mention that your payment will be in 'full & final settlement' ??

Comment

Originally posted by righty View Post
            Do RLP mention that your payment will be in 'full & final settlement' ??
            Hi Righty,

Have nothing from RLP at the moment, only happened recently, really I wanted to get it stopped before this, as explained I have Asperger's and the stress is really upsetting me and affecting my sleep.

I forgot to pay because the routine I was expecting to go through was interrupted by the attendant, it is a symptom of Asperger's that breaks in expected routines can cause problems.

They accepted my proof that I had Asperger's, but said that I must sort it out with RLP. My concern is that once it goes to RLP that they will not care about the specifics of the incident (will probably say I should have sorted with the retailer) & I will have this on database that will affect my future employment opportunities.

Cheers.

J

Comment

Hi jared,

Write back to them to their Head Office, marked for the attention of the Data Controller.
              In your letter, you want to state the following points:-

1/ Refer to your previous communication (provide them with a copy if possible).

2/ *State that you have made a Subject Access Request as is your right under the Data Protection Act, & they have a statutory duty to deal with your request in accordance with the Information Commissioner's guidelines concerning CCTV. (Tesco Plc are Registration Number: Z7055743 on the Data Controller register - see http://www.ico.gov.uk/ESDWebPages/search.asp.
              Tesco Stores Ltd are Z6712178).

3/ They are obliged to secure the footage safely, & to let you know how much they charge for that request (maximum £10).

4/ They are also obliged to keep the CCTV evidence for a reasonable period - the ICO recommend at least one month.

5/ If they cannot provide a copy, why not- tell them they have a duty to provide a reasonable explanation.

6/ They have a maximum of 40 days to deal appropriately with your request, and as far as you are concerned, the clock started ticking from the date of your original request.

7/ You expect to receive their urgent attention to this matter, especially as it concerns possible litigation, which they have initiated!

8/ Everything in writing - with proof of postage - or by email (they hate a good papertrail, lol)

*Don't be fobbed off by them saying "You didn't mention SAR" - it is up to them to recognise a Subject Access Request, as long as it is reasonably clear that one is being asked for.
              Also, if they try to hide behind "can't do it because it reveals 'third party' details" (other shoppers, etc.), The ICO Legal Guidelines say that in circumstances like this, their third party duties can be exempted, & they can redact the footage if necessary (ie blank out other faces).
              Last edited by charitynjw; 14th May 2011, 06:26:AM.
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Has similar problem at TK maxx, ask the staff who claimed to staff of RLP to call the Police when they refused my payment but they refused, also refused to call the shop manager who I wanted to speak to. There is a letter asking for £137.87 for good "unrecovered" or"unfit" for sale. The package was demaged and dusty as they could see ( old marks) and I asked them to record the package but they refused, they had also demanded me to sign a paper which I could not read.

Went to local CAB but was told to see solicitor and they could not help in this case. i was "legally" robbed by recruitment agency the day before this happened, i was mad and remember a BBC programme about TKMAxx charged too much. In TK Maxx that day I found even out-of-date food products and broken / open health products for sale and why no one takes actions against them?

Comment

Originally posted by christina View Post
                  Has similar problem at TK maxx, ask the staff who claimed to staff of RLP to call the Police when they refused my payment but they refused, also refused to call the shop manager who I wanted to speak to. There is a letter asking for £137.87 for good "unrecovered" or"unfit" for sale. The package was demaged and dusty as they could see ( old marks) and I asked them to record the package but they refused, they had also demanded me to sign a paper which I could not read. What has happened since?

Went to local CAB but was told to see solicitor and they could not help in this case. i was "legally" robbed by recruitment agency the day before this happened, i was mad and remember a BBC programme about TKMAxx charged too much. In TK Maxx that day I found even out-of-date food products and broken / open health products for sale and why no one takes actions against them?
                  Why dont you report them to Trading Standards if this is the case, they will take them to task?

Comment

I got third letters from RLP. Due to my metal history, I dare not open these letters. I am worried but friends told me put this behind, do not think about it.

I phoned trading Standard Office and I was told to see trading Standard Officer.

Comment

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/whall/...1-03-22a.250.1
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X