• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Caught shoplifting in Boots - paid no polixe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caught shoplifting in Boots - paid no polixe

So I got caught shoplifting in Boots very far from where I live, i panicked and gave my sisters name, I gave our road but a different house and a fake DOB. I know that's terrible but I was panicked and I was certain nothing would come of it anyway.

They took me back into the store, i was polite and and co operated. They asked me if I had a conviction and how old I was. I'm 18 but said I was 17 and have a fake DOB, I gave our street but a different house and gave my sisters name because I panicked so much! They said "nothing came up with that name" which I think they nay have just made up.

He said it was my lucky day and that they dealt with it internally and I just paid for my stuff and left. I should have known better and won't do it again.

they won't be able to look up me/my sister with police will they?
    Tags: shoplifting

Hello and welcome

Relax, the police will not be involved.

Your sister might receive a letter from a firm called "Retail Loss Prevention".
    They normally write demanding a sum of money, on the false basis that Boots have incurred extra expenditure.
    All you have to do is ignore that letter and subsequent letters that they send.

In this case they will send the letters to your sister, but at the wrong house.
    Now the recipient might send the letter back marked "not known ", or might (if they know your sister) give it to her directly.
    There is also the possibility that they might open the letter in error.
    If they do that they might then return it to RLP, or they may (if they know your sister) pass it to her and wonder what she has been up to.
    I think you should consider warning your sister.

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
      Hello and welcome

Relax, the police will not be involved.

Your sister might receive a letter from a firm called "Retail Loss Prevention".
      They normally write demanding a sum of money, on the false basis that Boots have incurred extra expenditure.
      All you have to do is ignore that letter and subsequent letters that they send.

In this case they will send the letters to your sister, but at the wrong house.
      Now the recipient might send the letter back marked "not known ", or might (if they know your sister) give it to her directly.
      There is also the possibility that they might open the letter in error.
      If they do that they might then return it to RLP, or they may (if they know your sister) pass it to her and wonder what she has been up to.
      I think you should consider warning your sister.
      Hi, thank you, I assumed the police wouldn't be involved. The address I put is actually a few postcodes away, even though it's on the same road, so there's no chance of my sister actually being involved, as long as they don't type her name into some kind of police database and find her address. I assume this won't happen either?

Comment

They have a genuine name, a genuine address and a date of birth, none of which are related to each other.
        Very much doubt they will be able to trace anything from anywhere (unless your sister's name is unique!)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X