• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Criminal record - Primark shoplifting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Criminal record - Primark shoplifting

I was caught shoplifting in primark 2 days ago, they took me to the room to take all my details. they didn't let me to paypay for stuff ,and just said I have to pay fine. Moreover they took all my belongings like brush , book and food from another shops, saying that you probably steal it as well, I told then I can show bank statements, but they said only receipts. I was wondered how legal it was to take all my belongings? The woman sound really confident so I didn't argue and just left, and thretead me with police. The total amount of primark stuff was about £30.

I read here that I should not pay any fines from rlp, butwhat if it comes from cps ? Will I have criminal record ?

Many thanks
    Nab
    Tags: None

No police called then no CPS. Just ignore RLP. Only courts can issue a fine, not a private compnay.

It is not legal at all to take other items that were not from the store. THat really is stealing. But what to do about it is another matter.

Comment

Thank you for your response,

I read other threads about the same questions and was wondered will it affect in the future credit or criminal record? Somebody said it won't affect,but they will keep it for records,I was wondered who,and what records?

I am international student here,and very worry in case I can have problems in the future in regards to job or visas application ?

How long will it take for RLP to stop sending letters and forget about me?

I know I was doing wring,and I apologized first thing,even lady told me it is nice of you, because not many people say sorry...whayever ... I learned lesson.

They took address from dvl even I told them I don't leave there. Which is true.so they will send letters to address nobody is in. And threaded me with police many times, I told them let me pay,they said it is too late,and there were comments about religion,the guy asked me about if I am a Muslim...akward....

Comment

Hi, I have also been caught shoplifting at Primark on the 6th of August and today I received the letter showing the fine. The total amount of money of the items that I attempted to steal was only £12, however when I opened the letter I was quite shocked as the fine was of £191. I knew that what I did was wrong, and therefore I cooperated with them and admitted what I had done. Now after doing some research I found that many people chose not to pay to fine, and I don’t plan on paying it either. Do you suggest I should do that? And if I don’t, is there a chance of being taken to court?

Comment

no fine as only a court could issue with one, just a begging letter ignore ignor ignore they are begging unless they issue a court summons ( which they are not likely to) ignore

Comment

Ok thanks. Just one more question, this happened while I was on holiday in London, I actually live outside of the UK, will this make any difference?

Comment

well as not resident that their problem should they be stupid! RLP (pick me up the floor from laughing = chancers) would have to get Primark to do any court work ( noway) ignore

Comment

Me and my friend got caught shoplifting at primark 2 days ago and they said they will send us a fine. I need to change the address , is there a way I can contact to do this?? Please answer ASAP

Comment

Why don't you read the advice given for all the other instances of Primark? There cannot be a fine, you haven't been to court, and not likely to be. Why do you want to change address? You just ignore all letters about their falsely described "fine".

Comment

When the incident happened the worker at primark said how me and my friend better pay the payment or the police will come at our door. Is this true? And I’d rather the letters for their fine be sent to my other address, not this one because of family reasons. How do I do this?

Comment

1) the police will not be involved.
                      Primark employee was just trying to frighten you

2) If you tell them to send letters to another address, and then ignore them they will most likely write to the first address.
                      This is something you need to live with for a while.
                      We are ignorant of your family circumstances, but the standard advice is we hope you could tell any family member who might find out.
                      If they are true family, whilst being initially upset, they should support you.
                      This doesn't mean approval of your actions, but it does mean that they do not approve of companies extorting money by making threats.
                      Your "crime" was very small, and does not deserve unwarranted punishment by self appointed judge and juries.

Comment

I am currently having CBT therapy and on anti depressants and mental state is not great I did something really stupid and out of character I shoplifted over £100 work of clothes from primark by mistake they have given me a slip that I will get a fine in the post and also they didn't call the police but they reported the crime

I wanted to ask if this has any bearing if I want to have a DBS check done for future jobs? This is the first and last time it's happened

Comment

NO police charges no record

Comment

The warning was from the store manager and security of the shopping centre they had reported to the police as they said they had a URN Number but they cancelled the police coming and let me go with the ban and slip from rlp although I didn’t get arrested will they have it on there database??

Comment

RLP = ignore no powers they tried once and got bounced out of court

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X