• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.

caught at Tesco

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• caught at Tesco

got caught pinching a £2 item from Tesco, bought about £5 worth of other things and for some reason I decided to pinch said £2 item. Walked out and plain clothes guard said do you know why Iíve stopped you I replied erm why have you, to which he said youíve been seen stealing. I said right and he said follow me so went back to a room and he store manager came in. They asked for ID but I had none, asked if I could use a motor insurance certificate (had it on emaisl
    in phone) and they accepted that so had my address. Took my pic and said I was banned for 3 months and that Iíd get a letter. After having a brief read on the forum the general idea is to ignore the letters, am I correct? Police were not involved and the goods were returned.
    Tags: None

Hi and welcome.
    You've done your homework and know what is going to drop through your letter box and on to the doormat.
    And you know to ignore!
    Tesco refer to a company DWF and you can find their standard letter chain here:http://legalbeagles.info/forums/foru...rs-rlp-and-dwf

No announcement yet.

upgrade to vip

Want exclusive access to forums, more privacy and a live chat box? Upgrade to become a bigger part of our community.

only £15/yr

Offers available. No subscription traps.

Resolver is a free automated complaints system that can help with all kinds of consumer complaints - including missold PPI and Package Bank Accounts.

make a complaint

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm