• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

See Tickets Agency

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• See Tickets Agency

Hi All,

Firstly apologies if I'm posting in the wrong place or if an answer is contained elsewhere - I am new to this site and plead ignorance!

My tale of doom.....

In the first quarter of 2011 I purchased tickets for a gig in London (I lived in Bournemouth at the time) to occur in July of the same year.

See tickets failed to send the tickets until two days before the gig (which is out of the time they advise they will do so - as detailed on their site) and then the post office were unable to find them despite being tracked.

I contacted see tickets to explain this and requested they send email or emergency delivery replacements as, regardless of the post office error, they ad not sent them in good time (they would have been delivered the day before the gig).

They advised they could not do this and so I could not attend the gig unless the post office found the tickets. I suggested that I had entered into an agreement with see tickets to provide the items I had paid for and how they opted to deliver that service was a matter for them - not me.

They repeated tough 'nanas and advised they would resolve issue with post office and refund my costs.

....... this would have been something but would not address the issue that I was also out of pocket regarding booked train tickets and was distressed at not being able to attend the gig (and provide the present of attendance to the gig for my husband).

Since July I have had periodic email conversations with various customer services reps who have simply been rude, repeatedly made inaccurate or totally untrue statements and then ended communication (by simply not replying) without any resolution.

I can not gain a name of a senior member of staff
    I can not gain head office details or names of execs
    I don't know if tickets are covered by sale of goods
    I am not sure whether there are standard letters/processes i should be using to bring this matter to a conclusion - or where to find relevant pro-forma
    I don't know whether I can take this matter to court if necessary

Any help and guidance would be gratefully received as I feel completely dis-empowered by this scenario and yet really don’t want to give up.

Thank you, in advance.

Mrs H-P
    Tags: None

Re: See Tickets Agency

Have a read of this:

Internet, mail order and telephone shopping : Directgov - Government, citizens and rights

I believe this would be covered by the Distance Selling Regulations:

The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000

Comment

Re: See Tickets Agency

Thank you - having now reviewed the regs and I can confirm that neither confirms or denies your suggestion.... However, assuming you are correct, as I have no reason to doubt you (!) how do I now proceed : given that so far I have not been able to find answers to the following:
      I can not gain a name of a senior member of staff
      I can not gain head office details or names of execs
      If covered by distance selling regs does that mean not covered by sale of goods?
      I am not sure whether there are standard letters/processes i should be using to bring this matter to a conclusion - or where to find relevant pro-forma
      I don't know whether I can take this matter to court if necessary
      ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
      Ps. Apologies for disjointed start to reply - typing on iPhone whilst in transit!
      Last edited by mrs.h-p; 20th January 2012, 08:28:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X