• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Speeding help needed !!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speeding help needed !!

Hi all,, im in court soon and was wondering were I Stand in this case..
    I was at work..my car was parked outside my house all day.. Now while I was at work it was spotted doin 38 in a 30 zone..I've been to court once and put in a not guilty plea,staying I was at work,I don't recognise the driver form the rear shot photo they sent me..and it carnt of been my car because the keys were in my house and no one had accsess to my to them..
    Any advice would be grate !!
    Thanks !!
    Tags: None

Re: Speeding help needed !!

What do you have by way of witnesses? I assume work colleagues will vouch for you being in work all day. Is there anybody who would be able to vouch for your car being parked outside your house all day?

I am sure the couurt will have come across cars being cloned before, it's just a matter of convincing them this is what has happened to you.

Comment

My work colleague as a witness and he wrote a letter explaining I was with him all day at work. As far as anybody to confirm the car was parked up out side my house all day no.. The speeding authorities sent some1 round to my house and took a photo of my car outside my house and his saying that in his opinion its the same car,, as on the Photo from the gatso there's a couple of marks that look to be in the same places. It looks like my car but there's 1000's of blue ford focus's driving about with parking scuffs on the bumpers..and I've seen loads wiv the towing eyes missing...

Comment

You also want to eliminate any 'window of opportunity'.

What time of day did the offence take place, witnesses to verify your being at work at this time, how far away (distance/time) were you?
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

This is what the policeuk website says about it:

Unfortunately it is up to you as the registered keeper to satisfy the issuer of the ticket that it was not you or your car at the time and place where the alleged offence occurred. Here are some suggestions on how to deal with it.
          1. You could consider taking a photograph of the rear of your vehicle that may show that it was not your car. Hopefully there will be small differences between your car and the cloned one.
          2. Legally manufactured number plates must have the details of the manufacturer on them so that may also be a way of distinguishing the vehicles, providing the photograph is of a high enough quality.

Have you got the picture they are relying on. Compare it extremely carefully with the back of your car. Measure it and work out exact distances for the marks etc...

Is the photograph clear enough to notice anything with the number plate?

Are there any distinguishing stickers in the rear window if it shows this high.

It would appear your two best hopes are finding something in the photograph which does not match up, and getting as many witnesses as possible to swear that you were in work all day.

Comment

Is the charge exceeding the 30 mph limit, failure to furnish or both ?

M1

Comment

Its for both mate !!
              ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
              Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
              Is the charge exceeding the 30 mph limit, failure to furnish or both ?

M1
              It's for both mate !!
              Last edited by Eddstar33; 2nd December 2011, 08:34:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

When you first got your nip/172 request through what did you do ?

M1

Comment

Fingers crossed for correct answer here! Nice one Mystery, didn't think of that!

Comment

Just in case I ever get one, I look forward to the correct answer (after the OP has posted of course).

Comment

Frightfully tricky to exceed the prescribed limit in a Horse and Carriage. Far more pleasant way to travel.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X