• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Please help with rental car repairs wrongfully charged

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Please help with rental car repairs wrongfully charged

if it was me, id see how i get on with the bank refund, make sure you secure that first.

You have cancelled the card so they cannot make any further debits.

If you secure the refund, then it is up to them to pursue you if they choose.

If they choose to pursue you, we will be here to help you deal with them.

I would not worry about 'extradition' for the sake of a £200 dispute. it is simply not going to happen!

Now, i understand you feel aggrieved, but i doubt you are going to be able to do much in the way of changing their business methods.

What would be interesting is if you could name the company? (apologies if ive missed it)

If it was an international company you may be able to appeal to a head officer.

Comment

Originally posted by orion113 View Post
      "The hirer’s signature on the Rental Agreement and the terms and conditions constitutes an authorisation by the hirer to *** to debit his credit card accordingly. This authorisation extends to payment of all or any amounts payable in terms of this agreement including amounts which may become payable subsequent to termination of this agreement such as, but not limited to, traffic fines."

This was taken form their Term's and Conditions. Does this make their charge legal???
      No; I doubt that any clause would allow the company to *** (or ****) the hirer.

Comment

Thanks guys! It's nice to not feel alone facing companies...cause that feels like being a tiny bug they squash!
        I think that what will happen is that the bank insurance will be making the refund, and they're supposed to claim the amount to the car company, which won't be happening as the sum is small in their terms. So the car company may not even know I charged them of fraud!

It's not an international car hire company, more like a medium-sized local company that rents a lot of 4x4's...To tell you the truth, the guys in Namibia were great (the way they handled the break-down etc.) it's the managing director in SA that seems to have been at the head of the charge...I think that the guys in Namibia weren't aware of the charge until I asked them about it. This is because they transferred the car in SA for the repairs. But they can't' really do anything about it as they don't have the authority over the MD.

Comment

Originally posted by orion113 View Post
          It's not an international car hire company, more like a medium-sized local company that rents a lot of 4x4's...To tell you the truth, the guys in Namibia were great (the way they handled the break-down etc.) it's the managing director in SA that seems to have been at the head of the charge...I think that the guys in Namibia weren't aware of the charge until I asked them about it. This is because they transferred the car in SA for the repairs. But they can't' really do anything about it as they don't have the authority over the MD.
          Set the lads of Winnie Mandela's football team on them.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X