• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

speeding ticket

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: speeding ticket

Originally posted by Amy View Post
    Are you actually being prosecuted for this?
    Yes. Offence September 2009. Visits to court = lost count but into double figures. Next visit December same as John Higgins who failed to appear last time as he was in China.

M1

Comment

Did you actually commit the offence?
      Is no longer here

Comment

Originally posted by WendyB View Post
        Did you actually commit the offence?
        There was no 40mph limit.

M1

Comment

Got to court around 9:50. 26 cases to be heard. Trials last as normal. Same Jp and LA as my debate. Grrr. Break 11.10.

Around 11.25 2 scheduled trials are called and the not guilty pleas accepted by the crown. 1 of these was speeding on the A73 who was arguing signs.

Around 11.30 my trial starts. Just before 11.31 the Fiscal introduces the TTRO for Bankhead to Haggs. Oops.

Plod 1 takes the stand 2 minutes later. Fiscal goes through the motions. I quiz on dodgy statement. He didn't write it as he was off sick.Introduced video went through it etc. Challenged his signs training. He struggled as to whether Tsm chapter 8 was guidance or statute. Seemed to get it when i asked what Tsrgd 2002 was. Going through video there are 2 large 40mph signs at auchenkilns. Not ideal but could work around. Anyway 2 hours or so later he's good to retire and we break for lunch around. Another trial is called so they can postpone. I go to the loo as they didn't say when to comeback. As i return a woman and partner come out. "sorry to keep you" says i. "No bother we got a not guilty because of you" he says. LOL.

Back for 14.15.

Started again at 14.30. Called plod 2. Fiscal went through the motions. I asked about statement. He said mistake, mistake, mistake. What about the one you did for your mate. Mistake, mistake ...... Didn't go through video

The crown closed the case. I went to the loo as i was dieing. Came back and made a motion of no case to answer due to TTRO. Crown was confused but upon having the TTRO explained. Conceded. Wasn't the horrible Fiscal so didn't fist pump or anything. Girl today was quite pleasant and only recieved the file this morning. She also admitted not having a clue why i pointed out various things on the video.

Not the glory i wanted but i win so it's not a disaster.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X