• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Unfair invoice - do we have to pay?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unfair invoice - do we have to pay?

Hi all,

It seems i'm not so good at this, i posted my first post this in the 'introduction' forum. Opps. Lets try again in the consumer issues forum. I hope someone has some advise....

We sufferered 3 months with boiler pblms (no hot water on and off). Our local boiler company who we've been working with over the last 15 years, with no issues, and who fitted a new boiler 3 years ago made frequent trips to try to solve the pblm.

They added extra parts, flushed some parts, then other parts, then removed the system they had added etc, and then, 3 months later, pblm still not solved, we recieved an invoice for over £1000.

We contested the invoice, though we agree to pay the call out charges, and most of the work, but as the pblm is still not solved, and that some of the work was to undo work done the call-out before etc...we dont see why we should pay the whole amount (which includes changes in strategy to solve the problem, and parts not maintained etc.) We didn't recieve any quotes, nor any sign the invoice would be so high.

We consulted Citizens Advice who recommend we contest the invoice, which we did, and send a reminder when it wasnt acknowledged. But now the company maintains we have to pay. Citizens Advice then referred us to Consumer Rights, who advised we should have requested quotes each time the boiler man came (we have learned a good lesson!)

We are still suffering problems and have since consulted another company who have said that the previous company should have recommended to replace the previous boiler rather than just run up the bill on the old one.

We now have a quote from the new company for £2000 for a new installation, and a due invoice with the previous company.... We will have to go ahead with the new installation, as we are continuously having pblms with the existing installation.

=>Can anyone advise where we stand as to whether we should have to pay the whole of the first due invoice? for which :
    -no quote was recieved
    -no sign over the 3 months that the invoice would be piling up
    -the invoice covers change of opinion, installation and disinstallation etc...
    -the water heater problem still stands

Your advise will be greatly appreciated, as to top it all -the company i work for has been paying us 30% of our wages, and threatening redundancy, so pennies will be even tighter in the coming months.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

:tinysmile_cry_t:

Re: Unfair invoice - do we have to pay?

Originally posted by brianne View Post
    Hi all,

It seems i'm not so good at this, i posted my first post this in the 'introduction' forum. Opps. Lets try again in the consumer issues forum. I hope someone has some advise....

We sufferered 3 months with boiler pblms (no hot water on and off). Our local boiler company who we've been working with over the last 15 years, with no issues, and who fitted a new boiler 3 years ago made frequent trips to try to solve the pblm.

They added extra parts, flushed some parts, then other parts, then removed the system they had added etc, and then, 3 months later, pblm still not solved, we recieved an invoice for over £1000.

We contested the invoice, though we agree to pay the call out charges, and most of the work, but as the pblm is still not solved, and that some of the work was to undo work done the call-out before etc...we dont see why we should pay the whole amount (which includes changes in strategy to solve the problem, and parts not maintained etc.) We didn't recieve any quotes, nor any sign the invoice would be so high.

We consulted Citizens Advice who recommend we contest the invoice, which we did, and send a reminder when it wasnt acknowledged. But now the company maintains we have to pay. Citizens Advice then referred us to Consumer Rights, who advised we should have requested quotes each time the boiler man came (we have learned a good lesson!)

We are still suffering problems and have since consulted another company who have said that the previous company should have recommended to replace the previous boiler rather than just run up the bill on the old one.

We now have a quote from the new company for £2000 for a new installation, and a due invoice with the previous company.... We will have to go ahead with the new installation, as we are continuously having pblms with the existing installation.

=>Can anyone advise where we stand as to whether we should have to pay the whole of the first due invoice? for which :
    -no quote was recieved
    -no sign over the 3 months that the invoice would be piling up
    -the invoice covers change of opinion, installation and disinstallation etc...
    -the water heater problem still stands

Your advise will be greatly appreciated, as to top it all -the company i work for has been paying us 30% of our wages, and threatening redundancy, so pennies will be even tighter in the coming months.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

:tinysmile_cry_t:
    Were they Corgi Registered? could try and make a complaint with them, just a thought???

Comment

Re: Unfair invoice - do we have to pay?

It is not Corgi any more, and has not been now for a couple of years, now called gas safe

http://www.gassaferegister.co.uk/abo..._register.aspx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X