• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Credit Card Cheques

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Credit Card Cheques

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
    I think they subdivide the credit limit for the new account they set up. But my credit limit for my existing account remained the same, so in reality my overall credit limit goes up each time. Even after complaining about new accounts being set up, they just carry on doing it.
    Does each account have a separate card number?

Comment

I can't get my head around that, the fact they start all new accounts unless it's because they are classed as cash and the int goes on from day one, but even so that would mean they are bumping up your credit limit every time you used one and thats not right imo.

found this
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/theonesho...d-cheques.html

Comment

yep,
        ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
        Setting up accounts for each Credit Card Cheque could be linked to staff commission. E.G.
        £10 for every account they set up, nothing would surprise me, all to do with targets.
        Last edited by echat11; 21st March 2010, 10:14:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

So! lol sorrow to pester, do you get 6 different statements each month with what you owe and what your minimum payment should be for each cheque used?

Comment

enaid,

Just to clear up I used six as an example, I'm pretty sure that they set up two accounts for two cheques used. After the first account I said this wasn't on. They did it again.
            They ignore what consumers say to them. With them setting up these accounts, it distorts
            an individuals credit history.

I'm waiting for them to send a result of thier investigations, I asked for statements they sent me, infact they didn't send me any statements. They told me the statements would cost £187 for 73 statements which actually never existed, they did that so I wouldn't request them. What they should of said is that a SAR would cost £10. They were trying to bridge the gap between 1999 and 2004. Statements never existed, it's an lie on their
            part.

'what your minimum payment should be for each cheque used?' yes.

Comment

Can I clarify the nature of the complaint to the FOS?

Is it that they didn't close the accounts properly or that they set up 6 different accounts rather than debit them to the one account?

I am still confused by this because you used cheques when you believed the account was shut and that part of the issue does not make sense.

Comment

I complained to the FOS in 2005, It's setting up different accounts for each cheque. I've got quite a few cards, I had at least two MBNA accounts. The closed account isn't a issue, but the fact they sent me CCA's trying to make me believe they were valid, the fact that they said they had statements but clearly didn't, as soon as the cheque went on to the account, they also added PPI without me requesting it.

Comment

I honestly don't know why you bother. Credit card cheque are well known to be an absolute rip-off and high rates of interest are charged the instant a cheque is presented for payment. I have received tons of them over the years and in every instance they have been either ripped up or shredded as soon as the envelope containing them has been opened!

Thus they have never given me problems (except with waste disposal)

P.P.

Comment

Just an update, the Credit Card Company, refunded . Charges with interest. I need to sit down and see exactly what they have refunded. Oh they still want me as a customer.

I really haven't explained it well.
                    Last edited by echat11; 29th April 2010, 07:35:AM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X