• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Unauthorised transaction on debit card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unauthorised transaction on debit card

Dear Sir/Madam

A company who I deal with I have run into difficulties with usually take the money by direct debit and then ring me sometimes if I cancel the DD and then they ring me and I pay them by card.

On 14/09/2018 09:46, PinLocal Accounts wrote:

>
    > Without Prejudice:
    >
    > Despite numerous attempts to contact you; we still haven’t received
    > payment for 2 invoices totalling*£522.72*
    >
    > *
    > *
    >
    > *It is imperative that payment of this outstanding account is made by
    > Friday 21/09/2018*
    >
    >
    >
    > **PLEASE NOTE**
    >
    > *FAILURE TO BRING THE ACCOUNT UP TO DATE BY THE ABOVE DATE WILL RESULT
    > IN STATUTORY REGULATED LATE CHARGES BEING APPLIED TO EACH INVOICE, AND
    > RECOVERY ACTION BEING COMMENCED*.**
    >
    > I look forward to receiving your payment by return via 1 of the 2
    > following payment options:
    >
    >
    > *Card Registered To Account*
    >
    >
    > OR
    >
    > *BACS / Bank Transfer Details:*
    >
    > Bank Name: Natwest
    >
    > Account Name: PinLocal Leads
    >
    > Account No: 31573967
    >
    > Sort Code: 01-03-93
    >
    > Yours Faithfully

This morning they have debited £308 from my account and left me in a real dire situation, I am not disputing I owe them the money but cant afford it the moment.

Do I have any recourse?

Thanks
    Tags: None

Is £308 the value of one of the invoices? or is there a further outstanding invoice ?

It does state that payment is due by the 21st September so they have taken it early if that amount is part of the £522.72 the letter is with regards.

I would inform your bank that the £308 has been taken without authorisation, ask them to reverse the transaction and to cancel any continuous payment authority set up to PinLocal Leads.

I'd then get in touch with PinLocal with details of how you will be paying the invoices ( installment or whatever ) before the 21st to try and stop additional charges/interest being incurred ( presumably "STATUTORY REGULATED LATE CHARGES" they mean they'll charge interest and fixed charges allowed under Late Payment of Commercial Debts Act ? rather than anything in the contract? )
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi Amethyst thats the value of one of the invoices.

Comment

Definately get continuous card authority cancelled asap before they attempt to take the other outstanding invoice amount without authorisation.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X