• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Personal Trainer Refusing Refund

Collapse
This thread is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal Trainer Refusing Refund

Hi folks. So, around three months ago I signed up with a personal trainer at my local gym. I paid her £480.00 for 16 sessions and to date have had 10 sessions. I have had to cancel a couple. She has had to cancel a couple.

She went on holiday a few weeks ago and, on her return, texted me saying she was leaving the gym to go elsewhere and that I could :

1) follow her to the new gym, on the other side of town, for my six remaining sessions
    2) get online training support (wtf is that?!)
    3) get online nutritional support (no thanks, considering you've told me your're not a nutrition expert)

I told her that none of these options worked for me and that I'd rather have a refund so I could put the money towards a new PT. I worked the refund out to be £180.00.

I waited for about two weeks and sent her the same text twice in that period as it seemed to be being ignored. Then last night I texted again asking if she'd received the previous messages. She apoligised for the delay and told me she wasn't using her work phone much anymore. She then went on to say that she doesn't offer refunds for ANY reason. The agreement we both signed at the beginning says that refunds aren't offered for cancellation, relocation, unemployment etc. But I think it's fair to assume that these apply to the client, not the trainer.

Otherwise, the trainer could take £480.00, quit the next day, and offer no money back.

Our dialogue has now become quite unpleasant, with her accusing me of harassment because I've emailed her to ask for a refund. People have commented on MY Facebook saying they know this woman and that this isn't unusual behaviour for her. When I tell her this, she then accuses me of stalking her on Facebook, saying I have "no right to snoop".

I'm considering taking her to small claims court. Not for the money - but for the principle. It's not a lot of money but I feel I'm owed it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks very much
    Tags: None

I would think small claims court would be successful and the cost is minimal and is added to the claim anyway.. She has changed one of the major sections of the contract: the location.

You have to send her a letter before claim telling her what you want and why (her breach of contract) and then state that if there is not some agreement on the matter then you will take legal action to recover the sum. Send letters with free certificate of postage from a post office.

Do you actually have an address for the woman?

Here's the MCOL page. If you are serious then start registering now, it can take some time.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X