• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

cowboy roofer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cowboy roofer

Hello
    the parents ended up with a cowboy roofer and a ridiculous price, he refused to send anything in writing and stated it was a gentleman's agreement and they couldn't back out. The work was bad and they called me to come over, well we kept it polite and asked him to put right things we saw that were wrong, but in the end it didn't seem right so we got a surveyor in and he picked quite a few faults, and missed some.
    we wrote to the roofer and gave a time limit to put it right and he did come back, but what he did alter was also wrong and rough , according to the manufacturers and their installation directives. so we sent more registered letters, to meet with an ADR, offer of a reasonable price for a job done correctly, quoting consumer rights and BS 5534 roofing regs, and finally a demand for a bill on headed business paper, with vat number and copy of guarantees, a request that he attends site to address problems and how unhappy we are with the work, to all letters we have had no reply, we know the email and address we have is ok as he has sent previous messages, the letters were registered, and I then sent a photo of the last 4 letters together with photo of signature by email with a short polite note, we have had no answers

All good no money has been paid to him ( his suggestion verbally) and no correspondence asking for money, however we are now stuck the letter deadline is up this weekend and the roof is incorrect and needs repairing, of the work he has done one has to estimate that 70% needs to be redone. we cant employ another roofer because we may end up paying 2 bills, there was no contract but he has now been given an expired completion date

We my parent and myself could really do with some good advice, and perhaps a name of a good solicitor firm if that's what is needed.

Many thanks for reading all this. phil
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X