• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Are conditions in contracts reciprocal by default or do they need to be explicit ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are conditions in contracts reciprocal by default or do they need to be explicit ?

I have ordered a new front door from a reputable company, due to be fitted today. I phoned up last night to check on the time and it seemed as if nobody knew anything about it; they later claimed that some jobs had overrun and they wouldn't be able to fit it until next week...
    So, on the paperwork, there is a section in bold stating that I must notify the company immediately if the fitting date in not possible and that failure to do so would result in a charge. Im fine with this as its not only impolite but costs money to mess people around. Now, I have gone to some trouble to plan for this event and taken a day off of work. I believe they should offer me some kind of compensation for the inconvenience they have caused in the same way I would have to compensate them if the situation was in reverse. I am not planning any legal action, I'm just interested in how the law views this seemingly one sided arrangement ?

I have paid a deposit for this door and have the balance to pay on completion; what if I were to hold back and amount of money I consider reasonable for compensating me for inconvenience ?
    Last edited by Georgey48; 24th August 2018, 08:56:AM.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X