• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ticketmaster VS Royal mail

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ticketmaster VS Royal mail

Hi!
    I'm really new here so hope i am posting in the right place, and thank you so much in advance for any response.
    I purchased two tickets for eminem in January for Twickenham stadium July 14th, the delivery option available was Royal mail tracked and signed delivery.
    I was told tickets would be dispatched around 30 days before.
    I then received an email saying they were delayed but not to worry.
    Whilst i was on holiday i received an email on Monday 2nd of July stating my tickets had been delivered and signed for (impossible i'm not in the country and i did not select the 'leave with neighbour option').
    I checked the information and it states 'Phil' (the building caretaker) had signed for them but the signature is not his.
    As soon as i got back i discussed this with the caretaker, he states he did not receive any letters to sign and showed me proof this is not his signature.
    He knocked on every neighbours door in the entire block of flats and nobody had any information.
    His name is displayed outside on a plaque with his phone number and job title, so i'm thinking this may have been where the delivery driver got the name from & then possibly dumped the letter somewhere?
    Royal mail agree they should not have let anybody else sign for this parcel, especially since it was never taken to my door, but will not deal with me as their contract is with Ticketmaster.
    Ticketmaster won't reissue a ticket and have told me: as it was signed for by somebody they will not issue a refund and i should chase Royal Mail or the police...
    I feel like i am up against two giants!
    I am now £260 out of pocket and missing an event I've been looking forward to for seven months.
    What are my rights?
    Tags: None

Your contract is with Ticketmaster, so they should be the one dealing with the matter.

It might be worth reporting it to the police, getting a crime reference number and then contacting Ticketmaster. This should be enough for them to reissue the tickets, according to their website.

You are able to claim from Royal Mail, however I believe you will need proof of postage (the tracking number isn't enough). The level of compensation depends on the declared value and whether any consequential cover was purchased.

Comment

Thanks for your reply!
      I am going to file a report with the police and forward the CRN to TM as you suggested.
      In terms of proof of purchase i have the tracking number, the photo of the signature, and the original confirmation of order from Ticketmaster but that is all as i am not the sender. Would this be enough? The only option on ticketmaster's website when purchasing was: E ticket or royal mail tracked and signed which i selected (wish i hadn't!) If Ticketmaster refuse to deal with this are they breaching our contract? Royal Mail confirmed twice with me today they cannot refund me only ticketmaster and can send me a letter stating so.

Comment

Hello

Sounds like Ticketmaster are fobbing you off here and if I were you I wouldn't be having any of it. When you contacted them did you do it in writing or by telephone?

Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 the risk in goods remains with the trader until the consumer takes possession of the goods or someone else nominated by the consumer takes possession. Since you did not opt to for someone else to sign for the tickets and that apparently it seems that Phil did not sign for them either, then Ticketmaster are liable. It is not up to you to engage Royal Mail and chase up, it is Ticketmaster who engaged their services and so they are responsible for any loss.

Given that there are only 3 days until the concert I would suggest that you email them with something along the above lines and explain exactly what you want i.e. a replacement ticket. Otherwise your only other option is to commence legal proceedings for breach of contract, and you should also claim loss of enjoyment too as a result of the breach.

Afraid there's not much you can do but threaten legal action and perhaps someone smart and sensible enough will agree to reprinting your tickets. Do make sure to keep everything in writing from now on in case you do issue a claim and you have a paper trail.

If you need feedback on any letter/email post it up first and we can add our comments. Just in case I am not about (as the England match is on tonight!) I've tagged des8 and jaguarsuk to help
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by AnotherLevel View Post
          It might be worth reporting it to the police, getting a crime reference number and then contacting Ticketmaster. This should be enough for them to reissue the tickets, according to their website.
          Your contract is with Ticketmaster and therefore your claim is also with Ticketmaster, they should then claim from Royal Mail as they contracted with them.

Try this advice quoted as obviously the aim is to get the tickets and go to the event in reality. If they reissue ask if there's a possibility of collection at the venue to save any more Royal Mail particularities.

If it is the case that doesn't pan out then you would need to send a suitably compliant Letter Before Action to Ticketmaster and then if they still refuse launch a claim in the County Court.

Edited: crossed with R0b
          COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

TM are ultimately responsible as you bought something from them that you have not received. At the end of the day though, your ideal solution has to be that TM reissue you e-tickets so you can go to the concert, right?

If you get the CRN from the police, I can't see why TM won't reissue the tickets. It seems fairly straightforward to me and it's something that I am sure they are used to.

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post

If you need feedback on any letter/email post it up first and we can add our comments. Just in case I am not about (as the England match is on tonight!) I've tagged des8 and jaguarsuk to help
              I won't be about either for the same reason.

However, what I would add is to Google and find their executive complaints department or the CEO's email address to make your complaint, don't mess about with the bog standard customer services as R0b says you want someone smart and sensible with enough authority to sort this out.
              COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Hi Rob!
                Thank you so much, your advice has been so helpful!
                They sent me an email last night saying they wont reprint tickets as 'by duplicating these the venue may go over allocation limit and if anything happened during the event, they could lose their licence. Contact Royal Mail directly.'

Royal mail were very sympathetic but as i am not the sender they couldn't do a thing!

Going to send them another email including the Consumer Right Acts 2015, and suggest legal action if they will not resolve this.
                I will update when i hopefully get a reply (website states can take up from 72 hours to 28 days.

Thanks for the help & hoping the match takes my mind off all this too, enjoy!

Comment

I am absolutely desperate to go to the concert.
                  I asked if they could reissue at the box office if i bring my ID, or if they can issue an E ticket,
                  They are refusing to do so as these tickets 'share the same barcodes'.
                  Have been looking forward to this since January, and with the tickets being sent so close to the event time its left so little time to resolve anything.

Enjoy the match everyone!
                  Attached Files

Comment

If you are going to email I should add that you might want to mark the subject line as striking and eye catching, something like: "Urgent - Notice of Intended Legal Proceedings against Ticketmaster"

And the relevant section under the CRA 2015 is section 29 as below.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Untitled.png Views:	1 Size:	89.7 KB ID:	1413714
                    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
                    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

It looks like the promoter for the concert is Metropolis Music. I found the following number on Google for them - 020 7424 6800. It might be worth calling them and explaining the situation.

I do find it bizarre how TM cannot deal with the event organiser. If the tickets have a barcode, they are electronic so I cannot understand why they will not cancel the existing tickets and issue new ones. At the end of the day, these tickets have effectively been stolen.

Comment

What others have said is correct. My Father’s Day present was stolen from a Hermes depot, when I chased it up I was informed by Hermes to contact the seller for a refund and then Hermes would reimburse the seller. I did ask Hermes for the crime reference number from the police, based on my address and family images were in the parcel, but was told that would be between them and the seller as they didn’t have a contract with me.

Comment

Hi, just got in, NOT WATCHING FOOTBALL, but have nothing constructive to add to above posts!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X