• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

The Car Finance Company - immobilised Car!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Car Finance Company - immobilised Car!

HI All,

I was wondering if anyone can help me with an issue i have with a company called “The car Finance Company” who have now imobiolised my car. I took the car out with them nearly 16 months ago on a 4 year contract. I have paid with no issue for 14 months when my job was made redundant. Luckily i got a new job within a month however i did tell them that i would not be able to pay this back in one go, i asked to have the payments held until i could find the money to pay the £400

Each week they would imbolise the car and would make me ring them, to actually speak to them it takes 30mins or so of held time. When i got through they asked me when i could clear the £400. I mentioned i should be getting a bonus still from my old job and i could potentially clear it off that month. They asked for a date and from what my HR team mentioned that it would be end of that month. I explained this to the company and they turned the car back on and i still payed my normal £400 PCM during that month. The day came that my bonus was due to come and they did not pay it. The next day the car Finance Company immobilised the car.

I rang them and this time they had now passed the car over to a recovery company. This company rang me and explained that it was voluntary recovery and naturally i declined.

Can anyone tell me where legally i now stand with all of this. I know the information here is basic so if anyone requires more detail please let me know what i can provide!

many thanks for your help

Tags: None

Thecarfinancecompany Reviews | Read Customer Service Reviews of ...

https:/uk.trustpilot.com › Categories › Money › Non-bank Finance

Comment

Note to self: never under any circumstances buy a car that can be remotely disabled by someone else.

Comment

When you signed the agreement, I guess you agreed to having a box fitted which can disable the car should you miss a payment. Personally knowing that a company can know where you are i would find it invading my privacy.

When the final payment is made, is the device removed immediately? If not, would it breach data protection. If you were in a remote place, and the car was disabled. Would this not leave you in vulnerable position.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X