• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Easyjet's solicitor dragging their feet about payment - ruined weekend away

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easyjet's solicitor dragging their feet about payment - ruined weekend away

Interesting question...

We won a case against Easyjet and were awarded £600. Yay.

So we booked a weekend to Finland.

The day we were leaving, which was two weeks after Judgement was sent by the Court to Easyjet's Solicitor, we find out from the solicitor that there are "queries about the Judgement" and that these need to be followed up with the Court. They would not confirm this Judgement would be paid until their "investigations were complete."

We spoke to the Court. There was no confusion about the Judgement. We told the solicitor that that enjoyment of our weekend away was dependant on the eventual payment of the Judgment, and the doubt they were creating would ruin that, as without confirmation of payment, we had no spending money.

They then told us the Court had stated there was no copy of the Judgment with the Court. I spoke to the same member of staff from the Court they did - and she stated there was a copy, and she had never told them that.

We sent a warning email we would hold them responsible for this completely unnecessary dragging of their feet: i.e. paying the Court ordered Judgment, if they ever did pay it, and the cloud it put over our trip.

We have heard nothing for over a week. the weekend was ruined.

Thoughts?

Tags: None

??????????

Comment

Sorry for missing your post but I doubt you can do anything about this.
      You were awarded damages by the court, but it is up to you, the judgement creditor to enforce the judgement.
      The judgement was not linked to your celebratory weekend away, which should (as you now know with hindsight) not have been booked until judgement was satisfied(if it was settlement dependant)

What would you have done if the judgement had been appealed?

Comment

Hi des8 thank you for the response.

I asked myself the same question and I would have accepted blame in the case of an appeal.

But my issue here is that the Defendant appears to be needlessly dragging their feet re: payment and I have told them the consequences, to no avail.

They have also blamed the Court, which I am pissed about.

Comment

Are you now applying to enforce the judgment against easyjet ?
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Don't muck around, if your Judgment is for £600 then get it transferred up using a High Court Enforcement Officer. They will play ball quick enough after they find out you are serious. Not the first time Easyjet have had a visit.

Comment

I am sure that they will pay it - the Court has told me that the Judgement is correct and does not know why they are dragging their feet.

Comment

They are dragging their feet only to postpone payment as long as possible. If they had a "concern" about the Judgment then they would have made an application for Set Aside. Send them a letter/email if you like advising you will give them say 7 days to pay or you will seek to enforce it. Personally I would just go ahead with enforcement anyway.

Comment

Okay, but my question is - Judgement was made, properly. their 'questions' around the Judgment are spurious and they've also lied about what the Court advised them.

So as they refused to confirm they would meet their obligations as per the Judgement, and I warned them I was on vacation and relying on this, can I hold them responsible for loss of chance?

Comment

Basically the answer is still "no" as there is no connection.

As others have already pointed out if they have concerns about the judgement they either appeal or apply for set aside.
                    They have done nothing but delay
                    So take steps to enforce the judgement

Comment

Originally posted by friendlyfire View Post

So as they refused to confirm they would meet their obligations as per the Judgement, and I warned them I was on vacation and relying on this, can I hold them responsible for loss of chance?

As with others I will say no. You making arrangements to go away was down to you and Easyjet could not be held responsible for any losses. Try it if you wish but you may not like the answers and if you did try a Claim then understand you could leave yourself open to costs being awarded against you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X