• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Faulty/Illegal DPF case - solicitor involved (advice please)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faulty/Illegal DPF case - solicitor involved (advice please)

Car problem has been escalated

Hello,

I bought a car from a dealer and after 5 days the car was unusable (DPF light - there is a thread below with the full story in)

The garage have since told me to contact thier soliciter And send all the documentation to them, including the formal letter - i have done this.

The garage also pointed out that it must have been me that tampered with the DPF?

I have since requested and received letters from each of the 3 garages the car has been repaired by and also the letter explains the "illegal welds" on the DPF

Should I send the 3 letters to the soliciter as well or wait until the 14 days are up and present them when it goes to court?

Thank you

Jamie
    Tags: None

I'm asking Kati to merge this with your original thread.
    To start a new thread like this will only cause confusion.

Lawdata ltd are not solicitors!

Comment

Ah!

when he was requesting me to send them the information to them and I seen law in the name i took it was a solicitor

apologies

Comment

send them copies not original documents. Check your house and contents insurance, to see if you have legal expenses cover.

Comment

Will they not pick up the legal costs?

Comment

Hello,

I have sent 3 statements (one for each garage the car was taken too) expressing they did not tamper with the DPF.

The 14 day point from the initial letter is 24/05/18, should i file a claim with the small claims court immediatley?

the claim for me to start the process is £450, then £40 court fees then more if it does go to court.

I know i pay these fees outright, do i get this money back from the garage in question?

thanks,

Jamieis

Comment

Amethyst Kati can we merge these threads please http://legalbeagles.info/forums/foru...-advice-please

When you win you recover your court costs

Comment

des8

thank you mate

david from Law Data has asked for the mileage from today

the car has covered around 2500 miles since I got it (motorway miles)

Comment

Originally posted by Jspeno_99 View Post
                  des8

thank you mate

david from Law Data has asked for the mileage from today

the car has covered around 2500 miles since I got it (motorway miles)
                  Hey, have you won your case? I have the same problem, any advice please?

Comment

Hi & welcome Paul123123
                    Previous poster continued his saga here https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...at-to-do/page4 and seems to have accepted a repair.

If you are looking for help suggest you start your own thread

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X