• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

AXS concert ticket purchase

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AXS concert ticket purchase

Hello all,
    I'm looking for some advice on a situation I've got when with buying concert tickets through a ticketing agent - AXS.
    My wife bought tickets to see Tears for Fears at the Motor-point arena in Nottingham as a Christmas present. As we live a significant drive away, we booked a hotel for the night. Come the day of the concert, we travelled to the hotel, parked up, got ready and caught a taxi t the venue only to find it empty. The security team advised that the concert had been cancelled / postponed a week before.
    I have spoken to AXS who have said that I can have a refund for the tickets, (minus their fees and postage), but there is no recourse for compensation, as they said they'd notified us. At first they said they'd emailed us directly, then after asking for a copy of the original email, was told, they couldn't as it was sent from the concert promoter. The promoter didn't have my contact details, well, not supplied by me directly to them. We have checked our emails, nothing was received in connection to this, not in spam, nor been deleted.

Do I have any rights to claim compensation from AXS under the sale of goods - as I purchased the tickets through them and not a promoter / venue? I've detailed to them in writing that I am seeking compensation of £177 (travel, parking, hotel, taxis) or do I have to take it on the chin and write it off?

Thanks for any advice
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X