• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Used Car bought - No DPF? What to do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, i didnt check the DPF

ah, i took it that I should repair it! I may be wrong

Comment

I concur with ostell

Earlier it was suggested that if you win at court all you would probably get is an order for the dealer to repair that DPF
      Try and get them to confirm they are paying for the installation

Write the next letter headed "without prejudice save as to costs" and offer to accept the car if they supply and pay for it to be fitted.
      Quote them the relevant CRA 2015 section 23 (2):
      If the consumer requires the trader to repair or replace the goods, the trader must—
      (a)do so within a reasonable time and without significant inconvenience to the consumer, and
      (b)bear any necessary costs incurred in doing so (including in particular the cost of any labour, materials or postage).

Small claims are a bit of a lottery, stressful (if your not used to it) and slow.
      In some ways your case is not perfect, you have done a fair mileage, and you had the car repaired by third parties.
      That's my take on your situation anyway.

Comment

ostell
        des8

Thank you both very much for the reply

i think I will just take the hit and accept the non genuine DPF and take the costs i have incurred on the chin on this one

that being said I wouldn't have had a clue without both your input, again thank you

I hopefully won't be back on here for a while!

I will update if they agree or not though

have a good weekend

Jamie

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X