• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PVC doors and windows contract gone wrong with Angela Windows

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PVC doors and windows contract gone wrong with Angela Windows

Dear all,

I hope someone can help me make sense of what I have to deal with.

On 11th February 2017 I signed a contract with AQnglian Windows for the manifacture and installation of 2 double doors to the garden, 1 front door and 9 tilt and turn windows with restrictors.

We had an initial appointment with the sales person when we signed the paperwork, then a week later a surveyor came to measure and we had to sign after we were happy that everything we wanted was there.

The installers came when we they had to another 4 weeks later and started installing the windows and doors, the installation should have been carried out in 2 days but it took longer and the was of very poor quality - we made the company aware that we were not happy and requsted someone to come and see the work straight away. The sales agent came and said that we should wait for the installation to be complete and then we should inspect. We also noticed that there were no restrictors on the windows and when my husband questioned one of the installers they said that they had never heard of that and that these windows did not have restrictors. At that point we concluded that the whole order has been manufactured incorrectly. We did not pay Anglian and disputed the 10% deposit we had paid with a credit card - after sending the contracts and pictures of the completed work the credit card company refunded the money.

The following week we had a Senior Installation Manager from Anglian come and confirm that these are the wrong witndows, but he never sent us a report in writing. Then they tried to say that we had never ordered windows with restrictors and that they do not exist(even though it is clearly noted in the surveyors paperwork).They tried to say that we ordered restrictor handles ( which is something completely different). They were trying to come and meet us but my husband was insisting that before we arrange a meeting we receive exact specification to what we have ordered so that when the senior managers come to investigate and check, we know what the benchmark is and what we are checking against. At that point they said that we have reached a deadlock and that they are referring the matter to their legal department.

The last we heard from them was 15th Sepember 2017 - and today I received a letter from them saying: Notice of breach of contract asking for payment and also interest. They are referring to the Civil Procedure Rules in particular paragraphs 13 to 16 of the Pre - action PD concerning the courts powers to impose sanctions for failing to comply with its provisions.

Thr amout of the initial contract was £10,990

All in all we did not het what we signed up for. The only items that are sort of compliant with what we wanted are the doors to the garden and the front door.

The windows on 1st and 2nd floor are not what we ordered definitely.

Any advise welcome! Thank you so much in advance.

Tags: None

Shouldn't really have stopped paying, but what's done is done.

Have you got FULL details on the order you signed?

Have a read of the Consumer Rights Act 2015. This will be goods not as described and possibly not of merchantable quality.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X