• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Appealing a parking notice from the council

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appealing a parking notice from the council

Hi I'm wondering if someone can help me. I'm posting on behalf of a friend.

My friend owns a vehicle that was driven only by her ex partner. She herself didn't hold a driving licence so was never driving the vehicle.

She was abused by him and the police are helping support her with legal action. He retained the car for a period of time and the police helped her to regain possession of the vehicle. She is no longer in contact with him and he doesn't know her whereabouts to ensure her safety but she's recently received a parking notice that he got when still in possession of the car.

She is on the sick receiving benefits currently and has no way to pay this fine and really doesn't want to as it wasn't her fine. However the council have stated that regardless of who was driving, it is the owner of the vehicle that is liable.

Is there any possible way she can appeal this?
    Tags: None

I'm not great on Council Parking but are they saying Owner or Keeper? At the time of the incident he was both the driver and the keeper of the car.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
      I'm not great on Council Parking but are they saying Owner or Keeper? At the time of the incident he was both the driver and the keeper of the car.
      They're saying owner of the vehicle.

Comment

Who is this council and what is the alleged offence and where?

Comment

At the time the offence was committed the Registered Keeper at that particular time will be held responsible for any infringements regardless of who was actually driving - unless of course the driver has admitted responsibility. Details will have been received from DVLA over who the relevant person will be.

Comment

The owner of the vehicle is liable for the fine.
            Here's a link to a PEPIPOO discussion on this point: http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=47038

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X