• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclays Partner Finance Voluntary Termination of PCP agreement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclays Partner Finance Voluntary Termination of PCP agreement

Hello

i voluntarily terminated my agreement with Barclays in January 2018, went through the process correctly, dropped my car T Mannheim and cancelled my direct debit as I had already paid the required amount to terminate the agreement.

I kept checking on the Manheim website to see when the car went to auction and downloaded the inspection report so I can compare it to my own photographs and video as that I had taken at the time I dropped the car off. The car went to auction on 1 March 2018.

I have received no correspondence from Barclays until today when I received a letter saying they had passed my debt to a debt collector as despite trying to contact me I haven’t responded! This was the first I have heard from them since I left my car at the auction.

the letter says my debt is £. There is no figure in the letter to confirm my apparent debt.

Do I ignore this or do I write to them to explain this is the first correspondence I have received and how appalled I am that they have passed the debt collector without even trying to contact me?

Prior to termination I researched and noted lots of comments about underhand tactics from Barclays but I certainly didn’t expect them to offload any debt without even contacting me. The car was only sold at auction two weeks ago too!

many thanks in advance for any advice.

kind regards.
    Tags: None

R0b
    i hope this is right!

Comment

Just Vt mt car with Barclays Partner Finance and asked if I would be charged excess mileage and was told no they would not charge this. Hopefully when my car is inspected and sold that will be the end of it all.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X