• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hire purchase and faulty car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hire purchase and faulty car

Hi I’m new here but looking for some advice. My husband bought a car on hire purchase in July 16, alarm bells should have rang straight away as the car had massive damage to the front passenger door which wasn’t repaired until he’d signed the contract. First off the monthly amount near enough doubled from how much was quoted to what was in the contract, he didn’t get to test drive it (stupid I know) but they let him test the exact same model car which I’ll add broke down on the test drive. He was made to start paying from the 1st July even though the car wasn’t ready until the 18th July? Excuse after excuse. They put it through a mot yet he had a tyre blow out 2 days after taking possession of the car (the trader did repair this at their cost). We were sold the car with 15mth warranty which we found out after they did a flit was never actually done so we had some worthless paper, the v5 never turned up either so we had to buy it ourselves. 3wks after we bought it the drivers door stopped opening, cue the husband having to enter and leave the car via the passenger door. Reported this to the trader and it took 6wks to be resolve, more excuses and we later found out it was never repaired with a new part just bodged up. Couple more weeks down the line another new problem and then another which is when we found out they’d done a flit. So contacted the finance company about the faults with them being in the first 6mth but were basically told all repairs were down to ourselves. Loads more issues since which resulted in the car off the road from june17-nov17 at which point I stopped paying for it. Probably not wisely so but we couldn’t afford any longer to pay 300 a mth on it plus 100’s more a month trying to fix it. We got it back on the road for 2wk in November then it stopped working again. They told us to get a mechanics report to prove the issues were in the first 6mth and he said yes as it’s all an ongoing electrical issue. They sent their own bloke out who was here 10min and after opening and closing the car and turning it on and off a couple of times that it was ok? Very in-depth! We’ve had another mechanic look who’s done work on it and he says the same it’s ongoing electrical, it has to be left unlocked at all times and battery disconnected or the alarm goes off and it drains the battery. Both mechanics have said they won’t do any work on it which says it all. It’s just a very expensive lump of metal blocking the drive but we don’t want leaving with the debt of it. It’s sorned off the road now. We aren’t the only ones sold a complete load of crap we are in contact with 3 other ppl that fell into the same trap. We’ve even had to buy another car as my husband relies on it for getting to work. Any help would be much appreciated.TIA
    Tags: None

Hi, BethanyBBee and welcome.

You bought this car in July 2016??
    When (the date) did you first report to the finance house?
    What was their exact response?
    Is there a paper trial, or was it all on the 'phone?
    Besides rejecting the vehicle as unsatisfactory, you have the right to terminate an HP agreement after you have paid 50% of the amount due.

Stopping payment was not the wisest action,

Tagging R0b for more in depth evaluation of your options

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X