• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Secondhand car from dealership gearbox problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secondhand car from dealership gearbox problem

Hi im new here I part exchanged my car at a used car dealership an paid money on top for a car on the front it after just over a week I had a message come up on dash board saying transmission restricted and the car wouldn’t change up gear (it's an automatic car sorry I didn't mention that) so the dealer had it booked in to their garage and that seemed to fix the problem, that was just before Christmas I bought these on 18th Nov, anyway 3 weeks ago it had another problem with an injector that was 2 days in garage then yesterday Monday 26th Feb got in car in the morning and the restricted transmission alert flashed up on the dashboard again I have told the dealership and they just said book it in to their garage again am I entitled to anither car from them or refund as I think this gearbox problem isn't going to improve please help any input would be much appreciated thanks
    Tags: None

Have a look at the Consumer RIghts Act 2015, up to 30 days you have the right to reject a defective goods without them having the chance to repair. Up till 6 months you have to give them one chance to fix the defects and then if that fails you can reject the goods and request your money back. It is assumed that the defect was there from the start and it's up to the vendor to prove that is wasn't. As it is a car then there may be a deduction of the use you have had from the car but in the claim you add in any additional expenses you have incurred because of the failure.

Write to them and tell them that you are rejecting the vehicle under the CRA.

Comment

Thanks for the advice

Comment

What would be someones advice if the car is Ok but the dealer didn't give you a locking wheel nut, so therefore cant remove the wheel?

Comment

I assume you mean you weren't given the socket needed to remove the security nut.
          I would go down to my local motor factors, or look online. and purchase a replacement, or if in a hurry use a 12 point socket slightly undersized and hammer it over the nut and then remove it.
          Lots of alternative methods, some more brutal than others....check online

Comment

Thanks for correcting me DES8, yes I mean the socket. I'll get it replaced but was more asked with the idea of getting him to sort it. I will speak to the guy anyway but wa looking for any legal avenues before I do, so I have more knowledge.

Comment

Well ask politely, but the cost is so small it is hardly worth the effort

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X