• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mazuma Mobile - Returned phone damaged

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mazuma Mobile - Returned phone damaged

Hi Everyone,

I took out a phone on contract, and having tried for about 4 months to get used to it decided I didn't want to keep it. So I bought myself a new phone and sent the other one in to Mazuma, not aware that EE asset-monitors any contract phone for the first 6 months. They quarantined the sale, and after a huge amount of effort from me, EE and the asset management service they use, Mazuma eventually sent the phone back to me.

Today I opened the parcel to check it (my flatmate signed for it on Saturday morning), and they damaged the frame of the phone (it's actually bent from the inside outwards on one edge) and nicked the paintwork on the other side of the frame. I bet it's also no longer water resistant. The phone was sent to them in mint condition, and if I had sent it to them in this condition, no doubt they would have refused the sale anyway.

It could not have been damaged in transit as it was well-packaged and there's no other visible marks on the phone that would indicate it got knocked around - it's without any scratches/marks otherwise. Why they would have opened it in the first place I don't know - given the asset monitoring reports.

What recourse do I have now? I've emailed them, but given the fight I had had with them just to get the phone back, I'm not optimistic that this will be resolved.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Tags: None

Hi,

I am in the exact same situation as you have been. I sold my phone to Mazuma not realizing that EE own the handset until 6 month has passed on the contract. Mazuma have quarantined my phone but after contacting EE on two occasions now I'm not getting anywhere. I've just submitted a complaint as I had one of the associates threatening that they could bill me for the handset even though no money has been exchanged. He didn't have a clue what to advise about the fact that Mazuma will be disposing of the phone in 28 days unless an amendment can be made on the report which is obviously never going to happen because of the asset management.

Please can you reply here or message me with how you eventually managed to get your handset back. Really hoping that you see this message!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X