• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bailiff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bailiff

Hi a bailiff contacted me 2 week ago I actually rang him as he had been to my sisters adress, said he had been looking for 2 years to find me, any way it's a traffic fine and said he would accept half the amount roughly £200 by 7th march, I'm a sole trader been in business few months, not much work on not enough to pay this unless I could pay £59-70 a month, the bailiff refused this and has msgd me today, any ideas what I should do? Thsnks Rob
    Tags: None

Rob, do you want to change your username ? just send me a PM what you want to change it to (or just say on here ) and I'll change it for you ( if that's your real name of course )

Reading that text can't help thinking of Ice Cream ....

Did you know previously about the traffic fine ?

Tagging ploddertom
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      Reading that text can't help thinking of Ice Cream ....
      Not 50 shades?
      Sorry i'm just thinking out loud, it might be irrelevant, I am not employed in anyway in the legal profession, please ensure you research any advice I give before using it I have been known to be wrong on multiple occasions.

Comment

Some of us have clean and innocent minds Phaeton !
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

You say traffic fine - do you know exactly what it was? Did you have any knowledge of this previously? Have you moved since the episode occurred?

Comment

Hi he just road traffic fine? Yes I've moved address and had no idea I was in debt.

( admin note: removed identifiable text )

Comment

I have replied to him saying I want a full written breakdown of the original sum and the added costs, another issue is I sold all my furniture etc and moved into my partners 2 years ago, so technically the goods he's threatened to take arnt mine, but we are married no so does this fine him any right to take goods that are my wife's? Thanks Rob

Comment

Need to know what type of "traffic fine" and how it was done and who from - Council, Magistrates, Police, DVLA, parking, speeding etc. Depending on this depends on how to treat it as there is a good chance you may be able to file an Out of Time - but some are time sensitive.

Comment

It's a parking fine he rang today thanks

Comment

From Kirklees council

Comment

Have a read of https://www.nationaldebtline.org/EW/...-notices.aspx# the part you really need is from Objecting using the witness statement form

Comment

Thank you so much!!!! I ended up having a heated conversation with mr Whipp he just wouldn't budge on a free flake

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X