• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mortgage express - complicated issue!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortgage express - complicated issue!

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum!

I have a relatively complicated issue which I could do with some help with!

Myself and my business partner have 13 properties with mortgage express, they have been in receivership before but we managed to get them out of the hands of LPA receivers (in a worse state i may add, they did a god awful job, houses boarded up, huge rent arrears etc).

Now, my business partner is being made bankrupt, which is where it gets tricky!

She has around 9 of the properties in her personal name with m.x, (although our partnership agreement shows we own them 50/50). the rest are in my name.

she also owns one of the properties with her father (in fact, its in her name but her father has been making all payments etc on the asset for the last year or so).

my question is, once she goes bankrupt, what happens to my 50% share and her fathers 50% share? we are not registered at land registry but have agreements between ourselves that i own 50% and have been paying mortgages etc in the past for these houses.

my guess is that m.x will place them into receivership immediately regardless, what im asking is, are there any ways for me to make this more difficult?
    has anyone been in this situation before?
    does anybody know a lawyor they have used to tackle m.x in the past?
    does anyone have a copy of the m.x terms and conditions? are they even allowed to appoint lpa? i know they did last time, but I just allowed them to, was i wrong in doing this?

thanks in advance!
    Tags: None

Re: Mortgage express - complicated issue!

Hi
    Dont know the answers to your questions, but I have been trying to help a member OTR with ongoing MEX/Receivers problems.

How did you manage to get your properties out of receivership? as MEX dont seem to want to play ball at the moment, and seem to thwart all attempts to resolve.
    I believe the Mail on Sunday is running an article of this at the weekend.

Comment

hi,

thanks for response.

It was around 2009/2010 we got them out of lpa, not sure whether they are doing this still, we just paid arrears down and were handed them back immediately.

the practices by the lpa practitioners were disgusting!

do you know what this weekends article is abut? is it about m.x or lpa?

Comment

I believe its about both, I will send you a PM

Comment

Speak to the Insolvency Service. They may be able to answer your question. Their website address is The Insolvency Service | BIS.
          Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Mail on Sunday article

http://www.fmwf.com/media-type/news/...wers-unfairly/

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X