• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ernest Wilson v YorkieTerrier2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ernest Wilson v YorkieTerrier2

Originally posted by Runrabbit View Post
    Following to my post in September where Ernest wilson decided to invoice me for selling a business that I had sold myself, after promising me no commission charge, just to say that today I won. Despite offering them early settlement along the way, and them declining anything less than full, today they tried to settle early. I decided to fight it and the judge ruled in my favour.

My barrister was the key to this and I'm so greatful. The amount they were wrongly trying to charge me was no way near as much money as I've heard other people telling me about, but to myself and family £5000 was worth fighting. We did it, we won and tonight I am celebrating.
    I could realy do with some advice please, as I received and email from EW on Thursday, saying they are applying for a county court summons even though the case is now in the hands of the ombudsman... Thankyou

Tags: None

Originally posted by Yorkieterrier2 View Post

I could realy do with some advice please, as I received and email from EW on Thursday, saying they are applying for a county court summons even though the case is now in the hands of the ombudsman... Thankyou
    You need to start a new post with your problem as posting in an existing thread can get it lost.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by paulajayne View Post

You need to start a new post with your problem as posting in an existing thread can get it lost.

HTH
      How do I post my own please?Â*

Comment

Morning Yorkieterrier2

I'll move posts to start a new thread for you ( done ) , can you give us a little bit of background to the case please.

When did you sign up with Ernest Wilson to sell your business ?
        Did you receive viewings ?
        Did you finally sell it through Ernest Wilson ?
        What's the invoice for ? How much approx ?
        How long has your complaint been with the Property Ombudsman ( presumably ? )
        Are you ( were you ) a sole trader or Ltd company ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I’ve messaged you Yorkieterrier2

Comment

Hi RunRabbit and Yorkieterrier, I'd very much like to ask your help please? Very sorry to be pestering you but I have a very similar case to you with regards Ernest Wilson. Might I speak with you please?
            Cheers, Jon

Comment

Originally posted by JonRobinson View Post
              Hi RunRabbit and Yorkieterrier, I'd very much like to ask your help please? Very sorry to be pestering you but I have a very similar case to you with regards Ernest Wilson. Might I speak with you please?
              Cheers, Jon
              Whats the issues?
              I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

id inform them its in hands of ombudsman, tbf the ombudsman sided with ernest wilson on our case, so we had to pay them.. Good luck and hope you beat them

Comment

Cheers, Jon
                  Hi thanks for replying. I've been scammed it seems in the same way as Runrabbit and Yorkieterrier2 (I think). Conned by a 'No-sale, no-fee' deal only to find out in the small print that this is not what I signed. I desperately wish to make contact with Yorkieterrier2 and Runrabbit to ask if I could approach their barrister(s) to find out information. It's essentially a scam that they seem to be getting away with repeatedly. I aim to make this a key portion of my defence in the hearing I have on 27th August 2019. Any help is greatly appreciated. Many thanks, Jon.

Comment

Hi thanks for replying. I've been scammed it seems in the same way as Runrabbit and Yorkieterrier2 (I think). Conned by a 'No-sale, no-fee' deal only to find out in the small print that this is not what I signed. I desperately wish to make contact with Yorkieterrier2 and Runrabbit to ask if I could approach their barrister(s) to find out information. It's essentially a scam that they seem to be getting away with repeatedly. I aim to make this a key portion of my defence in the hearing I have on 27th August 2019. Any help is greatly appreciated. Many thanks, Jon.
                    Hi there

I doubt the barrister will give you any direct information about the case, they are bound by client confidentiality, and in any event there are many barristers out there who undoubtedly would be able to assist, it doesnt have to be a specific one.
                    I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

thanks for replying...yeah I know...he knows the company though. If I could find the same barrister I wouldn't ned to know the case details. Just tell him mine - thanks though - I've actually found 4 other cast-iron cases...exactly the same as mine where they say 'no-sale no-fee' and end up billing people 000s. Building the case myself at the mo

Runrabbit or Yorkiterrier2: very much wish to speak with you though if you see this, cheers, Jon

Comment

our buying bought with us end of october, but the previous november our buyer had clicked on our property when up for sale with ew, our buyer couldn’t remember doing this and we came out of contract with ew in the may! the ombudsman said ew were in the right so we had to pay. we are still paying the debt we had to get a loan to pay it as ew were advertising is for 120k we actually sold for 65k

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X