• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How to stop my business trading with someone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to stop my business trading with someone

Hello,

I have a question on preventing future trading with a particular business/person.

I run a fairly well respected business and have quite a number of customers (in fact i'm pretty sure all my customers are happy). We provide a set of services and are often a subcontractor for other businesses and more often then not have direct contact with their customer.

Simple overview : "Customer" > "Company X" > Us

The "Customer" and I had a recent phone conversation where I've learnt that Company X is trating them like mud under the shoe. Not only that, Company X has crafted a contract for work with them to corner them for out-of-the-blue charges OR work won't be done for them. They have also put non-standard terms for work in a very odd contract and it appears like borderline extortion. Separate to that, Company X owes my business money.

My ambition is to grow my business and hire people, but i feel sharing this particular problem with future team members isn't going to be productive, but I don't want my business(es) to work the person who owns it.

Cutting to it, when most of the debts have been collected, I want to prevent my business(es) trading with ANY business where this person is actively involved in (at any level).

I'm very annoyed by this person.

Suggestions?
    Tags: None

Re: How to stop my business trading with someone

You have the right to refuse to accept work from any person or entity. No reasons need be given. Just make sure that this is known to your staff. Do not mention to them or post anywhere any reasons or anything that may be libellous or slanderous. A simple statement that company X and its associated companies are not on the approved list of companies to trade with. When you have a new company wanting to be approved, then use due diligence to check that X is not involved with new company. If company X is several levels away then you will ned to make a decision about whether you will trade at that level.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X