• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.

Meanings on Companies House pages re accounts.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meanings on Companies House pages re accounts.

Little bit of help please on understanding what is meant by statements on the Companies house pages. Just lining ducks up for queries when my wife (or probably me!) becomes an executor of a friends estate, which looks as though it will be very soon as we have already brought into play the Power of Attorney.

The lady lives in a block of 4 flats and a company was set up for the lease and maintenance etc. and the directors are the owners of the flats. There are regular payments of 25 from each of the owners into the company, presumably to provide funds for insurance, maintenance etc. These funds seem to be building up but when repairs are needed the company comes back to the residents for a payment to share the costs. There is a reported reasonable sum in the bank account, rising year by year.

The company is listed on Companies House as "Private company limited by guarantee without share capital" and yet when I look at the latest filed accounts the balance sheet is showing Assets: Cash in Bank X000 and then Liabilities: Shareholders funds X000 giving total assets as 0.

My question is how can this be shareholders funds when there are no shareholders?

Just been told, via a message from the hospital, that the lady will now be receiving only palliative care. It's sad but she is 89, severely disabled and her family don't bother with her.
    Tags: None

Re: Meanings on Companies House pages re accounts.

I would have expected to see "Shareholders funds" replaced by "reserves" in the balance sheet.
    It might be worth a call to the auditors to see if it was a typo

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
      The company is listed on Companies House as "Private company limited by guarantee without share capital" and yet when I look at the latest filed accounts the balance sheet is showing Assets: Cash in Bank X000 and then Liabilities: Shareholders funds X000 giving total assets as 0.
      Does it actually state a figure for shareholder funds or is it zero?

I like your pin shot
      I keep it with your letter
      Done up in blueprint blue
      It sure looks good on you
      And when you smile for the camera
      I know I'll love you better

Then the shutter falls
      You see it all in 3-D
      It's your favorite foreign movie

'Peg'

Donald Jay Fagen

Comment

There is a figure in there, in the thousands and matching cash in bank. It has been stated that way for some years now, looking back at filings

The person doing the accounts, one of the directors, is supposedly an auditor. I've just started on this and am a little bit suspicious on the way it is run.

I'm building up to getting some of that cash back into the estate of the lady my wife and i have helped to look after. I've know her for some 40 + years, she worked at the same place I did.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.

upgrade to vip

Want exclusive access to forums, more privacy and a live chat box? Upgrade to become a bigger part of our community.

only £15/yr

Offers available. No subscription traps.

Resolver is a free automated complaints system that can help with all kinds of consumer complaints - including missold PPI and Package Bank Accounts.

make a complaint

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X