• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.

Legal action received against me and not company

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Legal action received against me and not company


    looking for some advice, have just received a court order through against me for something that is connected with the company.
    should this be in the Companies name and if so how do I go about changing it over.

    Tags: None

  • #2
    Re: Legal action received against me and not company

    Court order could be anything really....so think you will have to give a bit more info - is this a County Court Judgment in default ?

    Are you director of a limited company ? ( and the claim should have been against the company ?)

    Did you receive the original court papers ( personally ) ?

    You will need to contact the court - if it is a CCJ against you personally you will be needing to apply to set it aside, on the grounds that a) you didn't receive the claim and b) you are not the correct party so have a full defence to the case - then the claimant will have to bring it against the right party ( the company ) - first step may be to write to the claimant and ask for their consent to set aside the default judgment ( if that's what it is)

    Is it a claim the company is just going to pay or will the company be defending the claim ?
    Common Sense .... if in doubt, use it !

    “We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose. If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.” Hetty Bower

    Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

    Find Solicitors offering fixed fees on our sister site - JustBeagle.com



    No announcement yet.

    upgrade to vip

    Want exclusive access to forums, more privacy and a live chat box? Upgrade to become a bigger part of our community.

    only £15/yr

    Offers available. No subscription traps.

    sign up now

    Resolver is a free automated complaints system that can help with all kinds of consumer complaints - including missold PPI and Package Bank Accounts.

    make a complaint

    Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

    Find a Law Firm