• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court considering striking out claim due to Berwick case

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court considering striking out claim due to Berwick case

A claimant against Lloyds over on MSE has received the following order.

IT IS ORDERED THAT

Thi matter be listed on 4th July 2007 at 3.00pm to consider striking out the claim as disclosing no reasonable prospect of success in the light of the recent decision on Berwick v Lloyds TSB 15th May 2007

Dated 30th May
    Any thoughts ?

She has 7 days to object the order.

For Reference the powers contained in CPR 3.4 - PART 3 - THE COURT’S CASE MANAGEMENT POWERS

Link to MSE discussion Hull County Court considers striking out the claim in light of Berwick-v- Lloyds - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

The judgement from the berwick case is attached below
    Last edited by Amethyst; 1st June 2007, 08:32:AM. Reason: spelling ! not mine btw
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Given that this is MSE, do we know what her POC looks like? She should object and then pay particular attention to her POC.

A bit odd that a judge should reference a small claims case however, although not unprecedented and perfectly within the power of a District Judge.

Presumable now MSE will wash their hands of this one.

Comment

It appears theres another 3 of these orders been received by other claimants.

The use of Moneyclaim online seems to be a contributing factor, so each claimant should be submitting revised particulars with N244 within the 7 days.

The POC should be revised to counter the arguments put forward in the berwick case, namely that the penaltys are charged for a breach of contract....and additional information on the OFT Guidelines ?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hull Strikeout Orders- 4th July 2007
        If you are one of the claimants who has received an order from Hull County Court threatening to strike out your claim on the 4th July, please contact us urgently by email.

The Consumer Action Group and MoneySavingExpert.com are organising a challenge to the strikeout threat and are funding legal representation.

We understand that about 20 orders have been issued so far.

We have found 10 of the claimants and would like to contact the rest

Please contact us.

We will need scans of your particulars of claim, the defence which you received and a copy of the order as well as your landline telephone number

Please be warned that we understand that there are some legal firms which are approaching claimants approaching claimants offering to represent them at the strikeout hearing.

We recommend that you do not accept these offers.

Let us handle it for you.

Looks like some sort of CAG/MSE class action!
        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Further Hull Developments

BBC NEWS | Business | More bank cases face strike out

(filed at Hull a few days ago re Barclaycard- deemed served June 7th-could get caught up in this in a couple of weeks maybe (hope not)

Turbo

Comment

I think you may just get lucky Turbo.

It is widely expected that the 4th July hearings will be successful at sorting out this strike out nonsense.

Obviously if anything does happen...scream loudly!
            "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Hello,
              I think it is terrible that one person can think they hold the reins on these matters.
              I think he must be answerable to some-one. Think about it, we the public pay his wages or does he has some vested interest in the lloyds bank. Maybe he is a shareholder
              He should be named and shamed,
              The sooner he is towed into line the better for all.

Comment

is there any update on these yet? or are we waiting with baited breath for the 4th July?

x
                Neither a borrower nor a lender be;
                For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
                And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X