• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

probate or valuation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• probate or valuation

As I am here, I deal in antique European porcelain from 1660- 1900, if you want a free valuation in ceramics from this period, I am willing to offer my services for free. I also have a fair knowledge of later English ceramics. I know very little about other antiques like furniture etc, if you want send me some photo's and I will indentify and value ceramics for you.

Strange

If I send you a photo of my grandma's Wedgwood coffee set that my mother treasured for years and I smashed to bits last year, could you find me another one please???

Comment

Superglue may be cheaper......

MAD
      Last edited by Mad Hatter; 31st May 2007, 07:06:AM.
      Pearls of Wisdom.

Be true to yourself and be strong.
      Be happy with whatever life has dealt you.
      You can never have too many friends... or too many shoes.

Comment

OOOooooooooh...are you being serious SWOS? I do have something I would like to know more about, an old slightly battered ink well, i dont even think its porcelain, more like pottery?!

Let me know if you can help?

"Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Ink wells are very collectable it does not matter the material, French ones are very collectable at present, I will pm you my email address so you can send some piccies unless you can post some piccies here.
          The Wedgwood is also collectable, but value will depend on the age, and the pattern, most Wedgwood services will be quite easy to get a replacement, ebay would be a starting point, as they have a section for Wedgwood in the pottery porcelain & glass section under pottery and of course wedgwood.

Comment

Stupid question hun, do you know much about glass ?

sapphire

Comment

not as much as I know about porcelain, if it is art glass, then I can help, if it is a old bottle, or a drinking glass or decanter, my knowledge is little, but I can research for you. I may have an idea of auction value. As a rule if the glass has a greyish colour (when clean) thick and full of airbubbles it is quite old, also dark green glass is usually early, but there are a lot of reproductions and fakes. nitspits2@tinyworld.co.uk if you want to send some piccies and discritption

Comment

Hi Celest, I will post this to the forum if it is o.k with you. Your ink well is as you suspected not porcelain, it is a form of earthern ware called Faience. Faience is a continental name for tin glazed earthen ware, other countries call it delft or maiolica (15th &16th century italian)or the more modern version majoilca, basically its all the same stuff. the white glaze on your item is call bianco de feyenza, The ink well would have been made in france approx 1835, however there were a lot of reproductions in the late 19th and throughout the 20th century, these usualy have a name on the base to try to fool people into thinking they are the real mcoy. The style, and the colouring would suggest approx 1845-1840ish, would have been made somewhere like Marseilles, which is a bit like our Staffordshire, and there was 100's of local factories churning it out. Value, if it did prove to be early 19th century it would be around £40 -£60, if a late 19th early 20th century approx £10-£20. nice piccies
                Hope this helps.
                SWOS

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X