• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Gardening Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gardening Thread

Hi guys, hope you don't mind to much, but gardening isn't my strong point.
    I did miss the gardening thread from over the road.

And my Cherries are pathetic again this year!
    Nat West 1 £9k settled AQ stage.
    Nat West 2 £126 settled LBA
    HSBC practice run £1330.00 settled on the Court doorstep....almost.

As long as you don't want advice from me!!! My cherries shrivelled up a long time ago!

Comment

I lost my cherry when I was 14

Comment

ops strange not that kind of cherry, but snap all the same

Comment

Originally posted by peed 'orf View Post
          Hi guys, hope you don't mind to much, but gardening isn't my strong point.
          I did miss the gardening thread from over the road.

And my Cherries are pathetic again this year!
          I know what you mean Peed my cherry tree is rather cherryless. It had the most flowers I have ever seen on it but an early hotspell and the lack of butterflies and bees ment that most of the flowers didn't get pollinated. Thats the price we will pay for global warming and earlier springs.

best wishes,
          Hod, Liam...
          Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

Hi HOD, I get plenty of flowers, and plenty of beginner cherries, but as soon as they get about half size, they just drop off! The tree is stiil young, about 7 years, and I don't have another close by to cross pollinate. Do you think that might be something to do with it?
            I had one Cherry off it last year, and he wasn't top grade!

Comment

Young trees tend to have this problem but a tree 7 years old is reasonably established. The hot summer last year has really left trees quite dry despite the rain over the winter, with the roots having to dig deeper to find moisture.

Try and give them a good soaking over the next few weeks and see what happens.

MAD
              Pearls of Wisdom.

Be true to yourself and be strong.
              Be happy with whatever life has dealt you.
              You can never have too many friends... or too many shoes.

Comment

How do you get rid of slugs and snails?
                I have tried the pellets, sand, salt, copper strips and still they come.
                At times I feel like my garden pots are dinner plates for them!

My poor sunflowers are looking very chewed and for the first time in many years it doesn't look like I will have any Morning Glories - as soon as the first leaves showed, they were eaten.

And why don't they eat the many weeds I have?

Sally x
                P1ss on me if you like, but don't try and tell me it's rain!
                life is all the more precious when we remember it is a terminal state.

If you need any help with addiction please feel free to PM or email me. I will help all I can
                Please don't drink and drive

25th Aug SAR request ~11th Sep 1/2 back ~ 23rd Oct all back ~ 29th Oct prelim request ~ 11th Nov LBA ~ 20th Nov "Don't Be Silly" letter ~ 25th Nov I won!

Comment

Beer... Sink a couple of jam jars into the ground and fill with beer. They love it but unfortunately can't do backstroke.....

MAD
                  Pearls of Wisdom.

Be true to yourself and be strong.
                  Be happy with whatever life has dealt you.
                  You can never have too many friends... or too many shoes.

Comment

Beer works every time, they adore it! Bit yucky picking them out though! Also pine needles, lots of broken up pine cones they will not crawl over sharp pointy things!
                    When we love, we always strive to become better than we are.

When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.

Paulo Coelho

Comment

I've found slugs like dried cat and dog food, and seem to prefere it to plants. As i haven't got round to doing the garden yet (everything's in pots), I haven't tried it properly.

Comment

Thank you, will try all of those!
                        Off to buy a third lot of Morning Glories, hopefully this time they will not end up as dinner.

Sally x
                        P1ss on me if you like, but don't try and tell me it's rain!
                        life is all the more precious when we remember it is a terminal state.

If you need any help with addiction please feel free to PM or email me. I will help all I can
                        Please don't drink and drive

25th Aug SAR request ~11th Sep 1/2 back ~ 23rd Oct all back ~ 29th Oct prelim request ~ 11th Nov LBA ~ 20th Nov "Don't Be Silly" letter ~ 25th Nov I won!

Comment

Just dug up my first batch of potatoes! They all look good... very chuffed I grew them in a pot and everyone said you couldnt grow potatoes in a pot!
                          When we love, we always strive to become better than we are.

When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.

Paulo Coelho

Comment

Originally posted by Mochamoo View Post
                            I grew them in a pot and everyone said you couldnt grow potatoes in a pot!
                            I saw that on Great food live, the man said about growing the in alarge pot or drum, as they grow keep adding soil. That way they grow all up the stem! I'm trying it, looks like it's working alright.

Comment

My roses smell gorgeous (about the depth of my gardening expertise that !)
                              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X