• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Gardening Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evereyone seems to have had a bed year of growing veg.

Just come in from the garden, discovered what was left of my tomatoes (most destroyed bt storm) have last blight.

Cucumbers succumbed to the mosaic virus, and now my beloved capsicums are coved in red spider mites. Squiching the little buggers one by one does not seem to be an option there are millionsof them.

My first batch of potatoes were great now this second batch have potatoe blight.

The only bits doing ok at the moment are my lettuces and basil. (not sure if chilli's are infected with the red devils aswell)

Really gutted about my tomaotoes, today has been a bad day and finding them sick just tipped me over the edge. (just cried over tomatoe plants how sad:o)
    When we love, we always strive to become better than we are.

When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.

Paulo Coelho

Comment

The new garden! Slightly over grown... any ideas! Grass is about 2ft high, has loads of grasshoppers and dragonflies. Think I saw a slow worm as well

Ohhh I am severly allergic to biting bugs so need a garden that doesnt attract mosquitoes or midges of possible!

Must have veggie patch and lots of love!

When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.

Paulo Coelho

Comment

Thats not a garden its a wilderness! Attack it with a strimmer to start with. I havent seen a slow worm for years since i was a kid and we used to go down on the railway line to catch them.

R

Comment

Originally posted by RLJ View Post
          They are Moch, Lovely delicate scent too. Sure do admire them pepps

RLJ
          Sorry for missing this post.

Yes passion flower/passiflora has the most beautiful fruit, they taste great.

Best wishes,
          Hod..Liam...
          Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

Thats ok liam it was only 3 weeks ago and i was loosing the will to live waiting for your reply. When and how do they fruit?

R

Comment

Originally posted by RLJ View Post
              Thats ok liam it was only 3 weeks ago and i was loosing the will to live waiting for your reply. When and how do they fruit?

R
              PMSL I lost the will to live now.

Late August they will bare fruits........edable as soon as they turn colour.
              The colour depends on the veriety.

Best of luck,
              Hod...Liam...
              Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

So do they fruit from the same place as the flowers. We must have had about 150 blooms this year so far in batches of about 30 at a time and it is still going. Its rampant. Or do we have a non fruiting variety.

R

Comment

See you in 3 weeks! LOL

R

Comment

RJL Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew: Information Sheets: Passion Flowers and Passion Fruit

Paulo Coelho

Comment

• Thanks for that link Moch, Thats a good site.

R

Comment

• I like RHS site aswell... :rolleyes: sorry amatuer gardener nutter here

Paulo Coelho

Comment

• More of our garden
                          http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...s/Image033.jpg
                          http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b.../Image0261.jpg
                          http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...s/Image035.jpg
                          http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...s/Image036.jpg

if you are wondering about the funny bird table it is my anti rook device

R

Comment

• Lovely garden!!!!

Paulo Coelho

Comment

• Can we swap!!!

Paulo Coelho

Comment

• No swapsies sorry. Thanks moch Its mostly down to Mrs RLJ. I just do the heavy work. The ghostly figure in 035jpg in the shed window is me!

R

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X