• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Gardening Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeahhhh That worked RLJ,Now you can show off you passiflora (passion flower)
    Can you see I am plant mad, I will put some piccies of my garden as soon as the sun allows itself a brief glimmer. I have,at last count 33 different shrubs, all of them flower at different time of the year. With so many different leaf colours, shapes and sizes.
    Does my love of my garden show I am getting old?

best wishes,
    Hod..Liam...
    Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

My new favorite plant.... they started growing peppers about 5 days ago and are huge already
      When we love, we always strive to become better than we are.

When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.

Paulo Coelho

Comment

They are gorgeous RJL,

HOD, being in love with your garden definitely does not show any age! I adore gardening and I am one of the youngest on this site...

Your garden sounds lovely cant wait for the sun to come out so we can get some piccies

When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.

Paulo Coelho

Comment

Yeeeeehhaaaaaaaa!

Hey Happy any chance of my passiflora bearing fruit oh wise one

RLJ

Comment

They are Moch, Lovely delicate scent too. Sure do admire them pepps

RLJ

Comment

This is a piccie of a flower munching peacock that used to come into our front garden, there were about 3 or 4 of them that used to live in the woods nearby. The sods devoured everything we planted. Had to get up really early in the morning to see them off.

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...tos/Image026-1

RLJ

Comment

Originally posted by littlesally View Post
                Scarlet, is that really your garden? It is massive!!

I would so love to wake up to that view, think I've turned green with envy!

Sally xxx

AAAAAwwwww Thank you little Sally and Fendly

hugs xxxxxxx
                scarlet

Comment

Desert Rose - Adedium

Here are my Desert Roses

Comment

I didnt know they were called desert rose, I used have a couple of huge ones growing in my garden, they was 2 1/2 metres high. Absolutley stunning shrubs and they smell divine.

I didnt know you could grow them here. I assume they are indoor only ??

What else have you got growing PKea?

Paulo Coelho

Comment

They like hot, and outside its not hot.. LOL, so they live on the sun facing window sill over the heater .
                      One of them was bare last winter as they go dormant, and thought it had no chance of coming back..

At present the only other things i am growing are a few varities of sunflowers, Ile post some pics of them as some are started to open.
                      The weather is giving them a good kicking though,,,

Comment

Originally posted by PKea View Post
                        They like hot, and outside its not hot.. LOL, so they live on the sun facing window sill over the heater .

I know thats why I am so surprised they grow here, I had mine when I lived in overseas. Very impressed.

Sunflowers are great they always make me smile,such happy flowers! All my seeds got eaten by the birds this year Keep going to visit my friends sunflowers

Paulo Coelho

Comment

I am trying to spiral the stems of some of my sunflowers
                          It looks more like right angles though...lol
                          As they lean to the sun if you turn them every so often the stems twist,
                          unfortuantley with the weather some half right angles.lol
                          ile get some pics soon then you wil know what i mean

Comment

Hi Pkea

Maybe you should adjust the time and distance between turning them to allow them to grow upwards a bit more. Perhaps you are turning them round to much. Perhaps less than 90 degrees at a time. Just a thought.

RLJ

Comment

Anyone know how to deal with red spider mites?

Peed'orf

Hows the kolhrabi? Thought of you today when I brought a gardening mag and there was a big spread on growing it...

Paulo Coelho

Comment

Originally posted by Mochamoo View Post
                                Anyone know how to deal with red spider mites?
                                Peed'orf
                                Hows the kolhrabi? Thought of you today when I brought a gardening mag and there was a big spread on growing it...
                                No idea about spider mites, or kolhrabi apparently! It's tall and very thin. might take shape later but I think it's a bit late.
                                Pak choi went straight to seed!
                                Slugs have eaten the squash, cucumber, marrows and all but one mellon!
                                Tomatoes are the size of pin heads.
                                The only thing that might do alright is me spuds, tucked up in their little bags, growing quite nicely!
                                Oh and the Katey apple tree is absollutly loaded again this year.
                                Nat West 1 £9k settled AQ stage.
                                Nat West 2 £126 settled LBA
                                HSBC practice run £1330.00 settled on the Court doorstep....almost.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X