• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Max v Halifax.. ~settled in full~

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max v Halifax.. ~settled in full~

Ok a summary of my claim....

2nd February 2007: Sent off my prelim letter by recorded delivery with schedule of charges with my total of claim for £3702

23rd February 2007: I received a standard letter saying they acknowledged my letter of the 2nd February and that they would have 8 weeks to deal with my complaint, although they would respond within 4 weeks or less if possible.

9th March 2007: Today i called Customer Relations as i was fed up with waiting, but had no joy. So I sent off my LBA letter recorded delivery. When I got home on my lunch break, I found another standard letter from the Halifax, which annoyed me a little, as they said they would come back to me by 2nd April 2007. They only fortunate thing about this letter is that it came from an Assessor, whom I contacted. I had a very long and very productive phone call with a very lovely girl called Tracey Jones. She listened to every thing I had to say and responded with sympathy and intelligence. She also promised to try and deal with my case straight away and call me with an offer. I told her as it was Friday, I would not expect anything to be done until Monday.

12th March 2007: I have just finished a phone call with one of the Customer Relation Managers, who basically offered me £2400 to settle. I said that anything less than my claim would mean I would allow it to continue to court. He said my claim was actually less than the total charges due to me. He went away for a minute to get authorisation for this, and we agreed to my original claim of £3702......

Anyway, I just want those of you who are thinking of claiming back the charges, or those of you who are getting worried or frustrated as nothing seems to be happening, to know that I was successful, and you should all just hang in there! You will win in the end!

MAX
    MAX

I know this is an old post, but its similar to the situation with Halifax except mine is complaint in ref to collection protocol with has been ongoing since 2014, I wanted to know whats a LBA letter?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X